1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contest Ideas - Do you have one!??

Discussion in 'Contests' started by RCSparks, Dec 27, 2013.

1. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator
    Staff Member ADMiNiSTRAToR SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    OK! :XD:

So .. I have set aside 52 Sticker packs for the year of 2014. I want to give away 1 sticker pack every week, for the entire year!

These RCSparks stickers are Laser Cut, UV-Resistant, Can be used on Any Body Colour, and Waterproof! Also.. VERY expensive..! Top Quality! :want:

I dropped $500 into decals.. and they are Ready To Go! Hopefully I can pick some more up by the spring time.

I want to open the floor to Every member of our forum to have their input. This way it is a true "democratic" community, where you guys get to have input and ensure things are as Fair as can be to everyone! We have no favouritism here, and everyone has an equal shot of winning these stickers. Now, we understand that Not everyone will qualify for EVERY contest, and that's OK. This is exactly WHY we are doing So many contests.. so everyone have plenty of chances to win!

Do you have an Idea for a Contest?! If so, please write it down - iN DETAiL below.

Please be aware if we do use an idea written below, some of the rules maybe changed to work with the folks in the forums, or to be Fair to all involved. :on fire:

Please Keep the Contest Ideas RC related, and Family Safe/Friendly

It can Be Anything from "Highest Snowbank Jump Photo Contest", to as crazy as "Best Written RC Poetry"! :sparksmonster:

What about "best Aerial Video"? or Greatest Helicopter Trick/ Video" :sparks300:

"Most Entertaining Trail Video" or "Most Helpful Tutorial" :rcsparksjeep:

The Ideas as limitless, and I wanted to open the floor to everyone here in the community to state their opinions!

Have Fun my friends! That's what life is ALLLL ABOUT!

:yo !:

william dobrovolny likes this.
  2. Juddp

Juddp Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Hmmmm...................(Deep thought)....................Heres one, How about a contest for Best Use Of a Toy With RC. Entry's can be submitted by pictures or video. it can be anything from converting a whole toy to rc, to using a toy engine like you (medic) did on the Beast, or even a toy used as a scale item on the rc. To chose a winner either you can decide the winner or have a group of judges decide. That's my idea, I hope it helps :)

3. darkside0914

darkside0914 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    how about best saves you know that moment when you know your rc is going to crash and burn but you somehow manage to prevent it and keep going

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

just a few ideas off the top of my head

a photo contest where the objective is to make the RC in the photo look as life like and 1:1 scale as possible.
    doesn't matter what kind of RC it is as long as people have to do a double take to realize they aren't actually looking at a photo of a full size vehicle, they're looking at a photo of an RC.
    those photos are mind blowing and i love seeing them.

dirty RC contest.
    photo or video of your dirty RC. dirtiest RC wins. simple as that.

repin' the sparks.
    photo or video of you representing/showing off RC sparks and/or RC sparks merch in your daily life.

20 questions RC sparks edition.
    medic chooses a video he's made or a vehicle he's built and posts idk, like 3 clues, and we all have to figure out/guess which video or vehicle he's picked.
    first person to figure it out wins. or we could go multiple rounds. do like a video a day and the member with the most correct answers wins.

best on the spot fixes.
    pics or video of an on the spot out in the field fix you made to patch your RC back together to keep it running for the day.

wheelies.
    pic's and videos of RC's doing wheelies.

group shots
    pic's and videos of you enjoying RC with friends/family

#4 Hooligan, Dec 27, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
    George m likes this.
  5. Seamus_RBNW

Seamus_RBNW RudeBoyz NorthWest
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Paint, voted on by the welcome team, pics only (multiple classes, scale/ crazy/ rotten{see MEDiC's tf2}/ etc, and could be done for different types of rc, like planes trains and automobiles!) some of those could be broken down further, rally car, MT, SCT Buggy, etc.

How to video for painting or body mods, similar to Hemistorm's youtube

Nub teaching stuff, you know, the basics, battery choices and why, etc... could be in video/ pic/ word form

best new real world rc game to play when out on the trails or in the skies.

I do feel though... Once you win, you cannot enter for 3 months or something, I dunno there needs to be some way of limitation. (As much as I know we would all love to have 52 prize packs mailed to us personally)

6. cbaker65

cbaker65 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Since the stickers cost alot,it would seem more better to hold a monthly contest,but,you can also hold more than one contest per category.
    Ive entered contest before on other forums,they usually hold a contest that fits the season or that one off shot,like capturing an rc with
    1 or 2 wheels,even 3 off the ground,or to a crazy backflip of some sort.

As far as judging,its usually the entire forum members who have the privalge of picking what they think is best pic or whatever is being judged,
    by poll.

#6 cbaker65, Dec 27, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  7. pg3

pg3 Member

I propose a "Crazy Joe/ Catch a falling star contest" the contest is to see who makes the best "Big Air" catch of a jumping R/C !!

The Girls can wear gloves.:XD:

George m likes this.
  8. That_One_Guy

That_One_Guy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I say the most creative video. So something that is unique and stands out from everything.

9. Dazed

Dazed Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I'd like to see a nominated picture or video contest. Only you can't nominate your self, your
    pic or video has to be nominated by someone else and the pic or video that gets the most
    likes in a set ammount of time wins. Then let the winner choses the next category.

10. chetmotox

chetmotox Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    What about budget mods? Like best modification for under $5.

I also like a lot of the ideas with photo contests and video contests like most scale pictures and such.

The ideas everyone else has are great. One thing I do agree with [MENTION=16611]Seamus[/MENTION], there definitely should be a limit on how many times you can win. With as many addicts as there is even winning once is pretty awesome.

11. RCDC

RCDC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

No gloves? Guess that means joe is out... Lol

12. hvydingo

hvydingo Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Well how about this,since some of us vid and take pics by ourselves.Sometimes we have others doing the work for us,and the camera man always is the line of fire to get the best pics or vids.Make a close call contest of getting close to taking the camera man out or even just taking the cam out mounted on a tripod.

13. domindart

domindart Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Because I don't do videos right now (even though I'm working on that, need to find user friendly software) how about some kind of RC picture contest, maybe best photoshop? i dont know, just an idea

maybe best racer truck pic? I'm getting into racing

#13 domindart, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  14. cbaker65

ELiTE MEMBER

I have almost the same issue with vids.So maybe they can have two seperate contest.

15. EvaderKMP

EvaderKMP Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Can't please everyone with each contest...some contests may very well be out of reach to some of us...thats why there's 52 packs...there'll be different contests for everyone to have a shot.

16. EvaderKMP

EvaderKMP Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I like the sound of a "Barrel Roll" contest!

Using video, you record your RC performing a Barrel Roll jump, landing on its wheels!

Or for picture contest, display your RC in any number of poses...maybe looking for the most creative free standing pose...the photoshop idea mentioned earlier sounds pretty creative too!

17. cbaker65

ELiTE MEMBER

Can also do an in action still shot!

18. basher4life

basher4life Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

how about coolest fabrication. not just some part you bought to move something around on your vehicle. but an idea you came up with, and fabricated yourself and works to improve the vehicles operation and looks.

RobinH likes this.
  19. kelownaCRAWL

kelownaCRAWL Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Thats a good one basher

20. Foxmonster19

Foxmonster19 New Member

Question

Does anyone know what the best racing tire is for a Traxxas slash?