1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contest Ideas - Do you have one!??

Discussion in 'Contests' started by RCSparks, Dec 27, 2013.

1. kelownaCRAWL

kelownaCRAWL Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I strongly recomend proline racing calibers medium compound

2. Spudler

Spudler New Member

I'd say best air without the RC self-destructing on impact but after watching DJmedic doing his Losi 5T off the 1/4 pipe I just don't see that being topped (without a destroyed RC that is)
    How about best Donuts Wait what do they call them in Monster Jam?? Hurricane? Tornado's?? anyway something where ya may get on 2 wheels but do not roll over?
    Dang Mind just went Poooof.
    Ill try to think of other ones.

3. cbaker65

cbaker65 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Like the one were they come off the jump,an into a wheel stand.

4. jacks9930

jacks9930 New Member

"Best scale life picture", I have seen a lot of great miniature worlds already.

"outrages paint scheme" a paint scheme that you think that shouldn't work but dose.

"the worst painted RC body" a failed paint job or the first attempt at painting or just a really bad paint job.

"the worst crash ever" self explanatory

5. MonsterMark

MonsterMark Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Most creative mod.....and use judges not a random generator for that one

Best custom bumper build....same as the one above (judges)

6. sk8sesh44

sk8sesh44 New Member

Hi I'm recently new to the site and I have to say to you djmedic2008 congratulations on making a business out of rc. I'm sure everyone else is equally as jealous as I am. May you, your family, and your passion never stop climbing that hill. Ok what I'm really here for. I have a couple ideas for a contest/video. One...you could have a pit contest like NASCAR. Change all four tires, add fuel and or switch battery packs. Or something along the lines of that. My friends and I got the idea from your video on loading wars and we've had some funny moments. Another would be to see how many likes the rc sparks community and I would have to get to see a rc sparks world tour. I think you've scratched the surface on something big and you are the face that's keeping not only national hobby stores running strong but the local hobby stores as well. So if we as a community get a million let's say (likes). You get a bus and tour the country/world with your rc cars and spread the rc message. Thanks

7. n_d_fox

n_d_fox Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I like the idea of having different picture themes for us to think about and work on... its easier for the majority to get a picture taken and uploaded so it keeps things nice and open to everyone.

There's a cool car based forum i use called DubKorps and they run similar comps in this way, they have sticker packs for none members and other more costly prizes for paying members. I'm not suggesting you go down that route too but the themed pics work really well for the whole community and prompt a lot of creativity. They aren't always based on technical competency either so none pro photographers stand a chance too.

Just my thoughts... Cheers, Nige

8. Wolfkelly

Wolfkelly Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

30 second vid of what does RC Sparks means to you, how it has helped you out . just an idea :seriousbusiness:

9. rogerwhatup

rogerwhatup New Member

what about a video about the best truck drift

10. b1uefox

b1uefox Bending to Beats
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    How about a contest that is a before and after....Night of the living RC...like brought back from the dead. Who has bashed the crap outta their favorite rc and then shelved it to one day say "I should revive her"...Just sayin.

11. Jmill80

Jmill80 New Member

What or who got you into rc?

I say that not too be corny but if it wasn't for rc I probably be dead or in jail. I had real bad drinking problem I would go out atleast 5 times a week and get sooooo drunk and won't lie drove home drunk too and in blackouts! It was bad ! Have had DUI and decided I needed hobby that would keep me busy on my free time. And started looking up rc trucks and helicopters since I had rc trucks when I was 12 was great time. So when looking up rc trucks came across this forum and medics channel and just got me hooked again! Especially love the 5ive t looks like an amazing truck and haven't even seen it in person ! Saving up for one and hoping I will be able too afford one soon so I can start working on it . Just wanted too say thanks and your helping me without even knowing me so keep doing what your doing and stay healthy . Later Jason

12. thenerdling

thenerdling New Member

biggest rooster tails

13. SCX10BEAST

SCX10BEAST Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Who always says something negative about your hobby whether it be you wife,mom,dad,grandparents,etc
    And post what they are always telling you for example ever time I see my mom she says what are you doin all you do is play with your litttttle trucks all day and spend all je money on that little crap I just ignore her lol

14. RCDC

RCDC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

On the flip side of what beast said. Maybe post how RCs have brought you and your spouse/family closer together, whether it be pics, video, or just words

15. SCX10BEAST

ELiTE MEMBER

Hey, that'll work to :)

16. MonsterMark

MonsterMark Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Everyone says i need to spend my money on things other than toys

17. SCX10BEAST

ELiTE MEMBER

18. Dazed

Dazed Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

How about a random give away in the theme of "If you ....., then you might be an RC addict."
    Such as "If you spent $400 on a 2.2 setup but your 1/1 needs a new tires, then you might be an RC addict."
    Or "If your landscaping includes bridges, rockpiles and a water hazard, then you might be an RC addict."

19. Bondoe

Bondoe Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

How about post your best pic and have Aaron pick the best. Or video and have the community vote.

20. EvaderKMP

EvaderKMP Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

A "Body Building" contest...

For those ambitious enough to build they're RC truck bods!