1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crawler Questions!

Discussion in 'Rock Crawler Chat' started by 10 Gauge, Apr 22, 2011.

1. 10 Gauge

10 Gauge <b>X-TreMe BaShEr! </b>
    ELiTE MEMBER

Ok so I'm gonna get the Night Crawler I think as my intro to crawling. Is the brushed motor good enough to get by with?

Could I just drop this brushless motor in there with the ESC that's already supplied?

Losi: 1/10 Xcelorin 17.5T Brushless Crawler Motor: Losi (LOSB9410)

Would it be worth it?

What are the most important upgrades to make right off the bat? Links are always helpful. :)

2. Beastmanh

Beastmanh <b>1!NUX_RUl3$</b>
    ELiTE MEMBER

I don't know the NC, but for SURE you will need tires first thing. All stock tires blow compared to aftermarket ones.

3. Krazy Joe

Krazy Joe Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Serious Crawling needs Serious Tires! HPI Rock Grabbers with lots of weight in the front work great on sandstone!!!The stock running gear will get you by for a bit but with big rocks or wood with holes,You will burn up a motor!! Watch the video. My Losi lasted about 2 months running every day for at least an hour each time!! Then getting stuck in the wood...Well iI burned up my 1st
    motor !!!!!
    hope this info helps you Good luck!!

4. 10 Gauge

ELiTE MEMBER

Thanks guys!

I actually ended up buying a new lens for my camera and then bought a micro scale truck instead. :D

5. 4mods

4mods Super Moderator
    Staff Member SUPER MODERATOR

I think you made a better choice, for some reason I just haven't been sold on the losi crawlers (1/10) but their micro stuff ROCKS!

6. 10 Gauge

ELiTE MEMBER

Sweet! I can't wait for the micro to come in. Going to have to build an indoor course for it I think. And maybe a course for my desk at work. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. jeremy878785

jeremy878785 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

im thinking about getting the trail trekker http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0238[/URL]

8. 10 Gauge

ELiTE MEMBER

That's what I just picked up. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. jeremy878785

ELiTE MEMBER

I love how the trail trekker looks and drives.

10. jeremy878785

ELiTE MEMBER

check this out [video=youtube;SdfY2z_J_2I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdfY2z_J_2I[/video]

11. aledfranz

aledfranz New Member

Thats sweet. Losi's micros are amazing!

12. TNCrawler

TNCrawler Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

well here is my 2 cents bro. I just got 2 night crawlers abt 2 days ago and I have hopped up 1 a lil so far. Yes stock tires blow and go with grabbers from HPI then the next for me was a servo and some alum. susp. parts running on a 7.4v 5000 mha 20c/35c burst 2s and I am very content and pleased could not ask for more for a fun factor crawler.

13. 4x4waterdog

4x4waterdog New Member

im an axial man what do any of you think xr10 or ax10 ?

14. Beastmanh

ELiTE MEMBER

Ok, first of all remember that this is just my opinion and I am only one person. And in this case I'm sure MANY people will disagree with me, and that usually means I'm wrong. (my number one rule, if everyone disagrees with you, you are wrong haha)

Lots of people like the ax10 and will tell you that its, "a good starting point" or "a great platform to build on". Well if you ask me, for $300 you BETTER get more than just a good platform..... I'm not willing to pay $300 just to get it and change EVERYTHING out for upgraded parts. $300 better get me something I can take out of the box and kick arse with! My buddy bought one and almost IMMEDIATELY broke a drive shaft. He got his tire caught between two rocks and gave it too much throttle and SNAP*! If axial is going to sell me a truck for $300 that has drive shafts that will break when you give it full throttle then I say BOOOOOO! I have no experience with the XR10 though, so I won't speak on that other than to say I have heard nothing but good things about them. My advice is get something that you can use right away and upgrade when you WANT to.. not get one that has trash parts all over it that will break if you look at them the wrong way, and be forced to upgrade on your first day. Shame on axial for luring people in like that!

Remember, just my opinion :)

15. tman420

tman420 New Member

what would be a good crawler to start out with ive done everything else just never tried gettin a crawler medic makes it look so much fun!!!!

16. TNCrawler

TNCrawler Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Thats why I went with the Losi Night Crawler cause it has metal drive shafts and I might have been a little lazy in my research but I didnt find anything on the ax10 saying it had metal drive shafts.

For me I gone with the Losi Night Crawler and so far nothing has broke and all that has happen was I lost a friggin body pin lol. I just released my first video too haha check it here

http://www.rcsparks.com/forum/theatre-awesome/1411-what-tncrawlers-first-video.html#post11294

17. Beastmanh

ELiTE MEMBER

Ya, the ax10 has weak plastic shafts. I would recommend the Night Crawler over the ax10 any day.