1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AXIAL Deadbolt SCX10

Discussion in 'Crawler Build Projects' started by Seamus_RBNW, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Seamus_RBNW

Seamus_RBNW RudeBoyz NorthWest
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Here we go again! Santa was extremely good to me this year! An rtr deadbolt with new proline body!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/1966-ford-bronco-clear-body-deadbolt/
    It uses the existing deadbolt cage, or you can get a similar one from Proline, specifically for this body. I already have some accessories for it, as well as more on the way... Full size driver, with a customized interior on this rig should be a breeze. Some may wonder why I have done this... Well, my comp rig Gremlin (see profile pic) got hammered badly in the last year and never really had decent fit and finish to him, all my goods (minus the 2 spd) will be traded out with the deadbolt gear, plus I had a few other upgrades from Older versions of the Gremlin, dating back to 2014.

So I am downgrading Gremlin into an rtr axial deadbolt (sans rollcage for now), both a loaner and parts rig. The Gremlin's cage will go in a place of honor (being 4th place last year was extremely exciting for me)

The motor from him, a 3600v 4 pole will be mated to a new castle sv3, plus my savox servo, heyok bec, etc will all be going into the deadbolt.... did I mention one of my older upgrades is a fully builT Robinson transmission? It was loaned out twice at the Rudeboyz TTC last year, with 3rd place using it to finish out the comp... definitely a strong one....

It's gonna be a good year for RC and me!!

Little Rascle, Antho11 and walter like this.
  2. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Congratulations on the new rig, it's going to be really cool! Can't wait for more progress!

Seamus_RBNW likes this.
  3. Seamus_RBNW

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Don't even have the rig yet, and already have some new plans...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I ordered the Proline cage for the body, and have elected to keep the stock deadbolt as is (funny that I chose the rig because of the body, but now am just using the body elsewhere and leaving this new rig alone. (Shh don't tell her, but Santa told me to give it to my Wife... I agreed, she needs a better crawler, not the CC-01 trail rig she has) You can see a slight difference in the 2 cages, and not just the lack of a massive light bar, it has a smoother appearance. The rack is an optional product, and I will not be getting one

Anyway, in the end, she will have a green Deadbolt and I already bought the bright orange paint for mine... we will be *near* twinning out on the trails! gonna be some good times!

What to do with my AX2 RC4WD Transmission?

Mosa9112 and Little Rascle like this.
  4. Little Rascle

Little Rascle Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Good choice, however it needs some upgrades.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

5. Seamus_RBNW

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Yea, eventually, it will happen, I'm sure. My Wife has this uncanny knack of not breaking things... Her CC-01 made it through the 2017 Rudeboyz TTC fully functional (muddy water + ESC = 20 minute break though, lol)

Mine (the new Pro line body and cage) began life as a Dingo in 2013/14... It went through a few different versions before it became Gremlin... I am just putting Gremlin back together in a standard SCX frame.... This rig is hugely modded with brushless, 2 spd, steel beadlocks, superlift shocks... All my proper outer axle parts, spools replacing lockers, custom wheelbase, shortened frame rails... No worries brother, I got this!
    :aceofaxe:

walter likes this.
  6. Seamus_RBNW

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    still no paint... in talks with USPS today to find it... I have gotten quite a bit done with the new body, its trimmed up and even fit for the driver. I did take all my upgraded axles and suspension, as well as my 2 spd and put them onto the new deadbolt chassis, and did the same with the stock deadbolt parts into my cut frame.

I relocated the battery on Gremlin, and will be temporarily strapping the deadbolt battery straight to the frame until I get a new tray for it.

I will be buttoning up the electronics on Gremlin this week It needs the connector on the Castle SV3 ESC/battery, the leads for the motor need extending and new bullets, and my HeyOK BEC needs installed. I've also got lights to mount up. I haven't decided if I want to run a winch or not yet. The deadbolt actually looks good with no front bumper (needed it for Gremlin) and is still rtr.

Antho11 likes this.
  7. Seamus_RBNW

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Taking some comparison pics today, and hopefully getting Gremlin out for a bit in the yard. I had to reset all my transmitter settings so I can ensure everything is centered right. I need to fine tune the shifter travel endpoints and such. I'm not putting the Savox in just yet, I have some cheaper decent servos for now... I've begin painting but that will be a bit as I am also doing some outer paint work too... As I said, I've mapped out the accessories and need to permanently mount the driver. I have the hood cut and ready for painting to finish and the scoop is waiting to be installed. I'm also painting the skully head for the deadbolt... FYI, no I haven't forgotten about Bailey... he needs to be re-thread-locked and then his accessories and interior fabbed up.

The accessories are pretty cool, I have a hotwheels lifted ford bronco offroader (mini me for the scale rig) a few long tools and a few hand tools for working on the course... some rope to make a log bridge, crate filled with wood for the bridge, of course driver and stuff as well... did I mention his RC is 1:8 Gas powered crawler and he has his can of fuel to go with it? I do still need to make a radio for him though.

Antho11, walter and Little Rascle like this.
  8. Seamus_RBNW

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    On the way to the mudhole
    [​IMG]

Driver happiness afterwords!
    [​IMG]