1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decent video editing program?

Discussion in 'RC Chat, Tutorials, Ideas, Requests, Etc' started by Beastmanh, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Beastmanh

Beastmanh <b>1!NUX_RUl3$</b>
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hey everybody, does anyone know of an "ok" video editing program that is free or very cheap? All I really want to do is be able to splice different video clips together, add music, and flip the video over (like 180degrees). What do you use, and was it expensive?

Thanks!

2. momobagodonuts

momobagodonuts Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Bump. I'd like some info on this also.

3. imtowman

imtowman <b>RCSparks Addict</b> <br />
    ELiTE MEMBER

And i make 3 the windows video maker is ok but.

4. rcjoe

rcjoe Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I used windows live movie maker, just figuring it out is hard and a little confusing but once you get the hang of it you can do some cool editing, it was free and already on my computer:)

5. momobagodonuts

momobagodonuts Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

6. egyptsean

egyptsean Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I use vegas pro 10 and movie maker. You can pick up vegas movie studio for about $60 but remember you get what you pay for. the platinum and pro are more $ and you get more features. vegas has a big learning curve but once you get it down its a great program. i would recommend downloading a trial version to see if you like it before you buy it. here is a link to the top 10 programs, with prices and features for each one. You can download a free 30 day trial of each if you want. I would find one that is in the price range you want, and has the features you want then try that one. If you like it ...go buy it. If not.....delete and try another one....lol http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

#6 egyptsean, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  7. RobscoRC

RobscoRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Wish I could help guys. Im a final cut pro guy, and its very expensive. On Macs they include a good program called iMovie. It works well for what it is.

8. egyptsean

egyptsean Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

final cut is a GREAT program! i do all my editing on a laptop that is 3 yrs old. if i want to use final cut i have to buy a new computer and the program LOL. i movie is another good program if you have a mac.

9. Beastmanh

Beastmanh <b>1!NUX_RUl3$</b>
    ELiTE MEMBER

I've used imovie before when I had a company mac.. hmm.. I'm getting another company mac in a week or so. Maybe I should just go that route. I just put together my first vid with actual editing and all that, done with windows movie maker.. I'm uploading to youtube right now!