1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+

Discussion in 'Multi-Rotor' started by Tombsy, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Tombsy

Tombsy Boat Racing Fanatic
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Any owners here? My biggest RC purchase to date should be here this week. Got to say I'm pretty excited and nervous and don't want to add my name to the fly-away list. So I'm trying to digest all the info I can find checklists, vids etc.
    I really want to film some boat racing action but I'll be doing some serious flight training first.

[video]http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus[/video]

2. Tombsy

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    This is supposed to arrive today, going kind of mental I must say, (my Grimley impression).

3. Tombsy

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    The mailman arrived

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a GPS tracker coming for it in case it gets lost but I don't know if I can wait to try it. The camera stabilization is pretty amazing but looks a little delicate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. TeK

TeK the 1/5th Scale BOSS
    ELiTE MEMBER

NIce! Love my phantom, I'm ready for a new one though as I put it through hell. They are so easy to fly. I have never had a fly away and just make sure I have it calibrated and I pay attention to what it's telling me at all times ie, green light flight only lol.

5. Tombsy

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Great, thanks for the words of encouragement, It seems like you only read about the bad experiences and it can start to mess with your head LOL.

6. CodeRedMD

CodeRedMD Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I'll agree with you on that. It goes with anything. Not to change the subject but we had a bad experence with our Blade 350 and then it seemed like I could find all kinds of bad stuff on it after that.

That looks like one awesome rig. I bet your excited to get this Phantom 2 out for a flight. Can't wait to see that video. ;)

7. gmmiller06

gmmiller06 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Sweet! Mine will be delivered tomorrow!!! I'm dying in anticipation lol! Can't wait to unbox it after work. Happy flying.

8. Tombsy

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Nice, I wanted to go out today but the wind was strong, I've been kind of a chicken with it. Let me know how you do.

9. gmmiller06

gmmiller06 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

After 2 flights I must say it's much easier to fly than expected. Atleast in GPS mode haha. I haven't tried the others, I'm a little afraid to for a while haha.

10. Tombsy

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I changed the motors, props and esc's to upgrade it to the same as the Vision 3. Also got the new transmitter with the camera tilt control. Changing the esc's was a little tricky to solder but I took my time and tried to be as careful as I could. When I went to power up....nothing.... the battery would turn itself off. WTF there had to be a short somewhere. I was getting ready to box it up and pay for my mistake but after checking everything again with a magnifying glass it looked like one strand of wire was shorting out one esc. Couldn't believe it fired right up after and it seems to be fine now, whew.