1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RX / TX Does anyone suggest waterproofing a traxxas link receiver using plastidip?

Discussion in 'RC Chat, Tutorials, Ideas, Requests, Etc' started by FrankyMonez, Jul 1, 2013.

1. FrankyMonez

FrankyMonez New Member

I am thinking about plastidipping the traxxas link receiver in my summit and was wondering if anybody has already done it and what they did.

Thanks for the help!

2. imtowman

imtowman <b>RCSparks Addict</b> <br />
    ELiTE MEMBER

The Traxxas receiver box seals great if it is put together right make sure the o-ring seal is in good shape and seated properly then the area where the wires come out is sealed good with a grease like factory or silicone sealant of some type.

3. FrankyMonez

FrankyMonez New Member

I use vasoline - well I do now - before I didnt and my reciever box got wet like you said.
    But is it even neccesary to waterproof the receiver just in case?

4. Curly484

Curly484 New Member

If it puts you at ease then go for it

5. dna4engr

dna4engr Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I use a Traxxas Tqi in my Wringo and I used liquid tape to WP the receiver. I put a piece of packing tape over the LED's so I could see them afterward. Then I put 4 wire extension leads in the receiver and proceeded to liquid tape teh whole thing. It's worked well so far.
    NOTE: When I plugged the servos and esc into the extensions I also coated them in liquid tape to keep water out of the connectors.

Dna