1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't laugh but I have a problem.

Discussion in 'Newbe Help' started by Bowie2003, Feb 5, 2013.

1. SteveinVA

SteveinVA New Member

Maybe you could stretch the spring out some if it is a slipper issue

2. TylerPienta

TylerPienta Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

By threading the shaft. It shouldn't effect the torsion strength significantly. You could try stretching the spring or going to a hobby shop or hardware store and trying to find a spring that you could cut to fit.
    As for as permanently doing the slipper you could try red lock tight on the pads and let it sit for awhile or superglue.
    But by looking at the picture closer it looks like there is a housing that covers the assembly for usage( am I correct?)
    If so then threading would be useless because the nut wouldn't be able to tighten down more than where the retaining pin is currently.

If you could have the retaining spacer moved in closer (tightening the spring) then you could try drilling a closer hole for the pin to go through.

That's all I can think of right now hope it
    Helps!

3. Megatoys

Megatoys Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

This may sound kinda dumb. How ever take it as you will. Any RC I have ever owned.... (LOTS) I usually tighten the slipper all the way... Or just CA it so it doesent slip. Never once have I had an issue due to locking the slipper clutch. Never once. And to be honest with you, I have beaten the hell out of some trucks. Lol I'd lock it if I were you.

All te other suggestions are good to tho lol

4. jbelmo

jbelmo Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

CA glue all around the edge of slipper and if you ever want to take it apart you still can with and razor blade. I've done this with nitro slippers well racing never tore a gear just melted with a the slipper slipping.

5. Bowie2003

Bowie2003 New Member

Thank all of you for the tips and help. Megatoys the reason I am worried about stripping gears is both gears on my truck are plastic. I'm not sure that will hold up very well but, I think locking it done with superglue might be my best bet. Tyler pienta you are correct there is a cover that copletely encloses the whole driveshaft and gear assembly. I have tried a spacer in every possible position and it either causes things to sit at weird angles or pushes the whole assembly back and binds up in the differential.

6. TylerPienta

ELiTE MEMBER

What I mean is, is there enough room where you could essentially push back the black metal spacer that the pin sits in far enough that the spring compresses to tension your slipper more then when you find a spot far enough, mark it, and drill a second hole for the pin to go through.
    So the same setup you have now, just compressed. Or does the cover get in the way?

Also like previously stated you could stretch the spring
    Hope it helps!

7. Bowie2003

Bowie2003 New Member

With a spacer that was about 1/16 in think it caused the black reatain ring to rub on part of the plastic channel it goes through on the chasis. I could try stretching it. I will tear it down again and try that. I will let you know if it works, Thanks.

#47 Bowie2003, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  8. TylerPienta

ELiTE MEMBER

I think your missing my point.

Ok, see how it's set up now, if you drilled a hole closer to the spur and then put it together exactly how it is now but use the closer hole, if will put more tension on the slipper

9. Bowie2003

Bowie2003 New Member

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]I see what you are saying but there just isn't enough clearance to put another hole any further up to the slipper. It causes the retaing ring to rub.

#49 Bowie2003, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  10. TylerPienta

ELiTE MEMBER

Well then a: Dremel it out a bit or b: stretch the spring

That's all I can think of...

Btw, sorry if I came off as a dick, just trying to help

11. Bowie2003

Bowie2003 New Member

I do apreciate all the help and I will try stretching the spring first but if that doesn't work, I will have try the other options. No you did not come accross as a dick I don't think I was explaining what I was thinking(not get from my brain to my fingers) so I figured the picture was the best way to show it.

12. chrism289

chrism289 New Member

I would try sanding the pads with some fine sand paper something like 600 or 800. I have a helion dominis sc truck that I got a slipper clutch for and I had to sand the pads.

13. Bowie2003

Bowie2003 New Member

I have already tried that and it didn't do any good.

14. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    i second the dermal option. you only need to go enough to fit the washer. and i dont think you need to worry at all about weakening it. youll be plenty strong enough.
    I have another question for you. does the truck have a brushed or brushless motor setup in it. if its brushed it could actually be the motor is wearing out. you can get motors cheap so no worries.

15. KyBlue

KyBlue Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I'm with Greenie is on to something with binding else where ... with the motor off you should be able to roll it on your workbench and have everything turn all the way up to the slipper clutch assy. If it doesn't ... there is binding somewhere, a diff chewed up or something similar.

Hope you get it fixed, having a truck down is a bummer!

16. Bowie2003

Bowie2003 New Member

Ok I'm not sure what I did but I took it out today and ran it. After about 5 minutes there was a loud POP and after that it is runninglike brand new.:x_x::burnt:

17. TylerPienta

ELiTE MEMBER

I guess you literally had to break it in haha

18. Bowie2003

Bowie2003 New Member

I guess you are right on that! Thanks to everyone for the advide and help, I will most likely be back to ask more question soon as I said I am very new to the hobby.

19. TylerPienta

ELiTE MEMBER

Feel free to pm me with any questions, I'm happy to try and help!

20. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

..................................well.........I'll be a moneys grandson.........????

hummmm, i wonder what it was...... meh!!!

good to hear its rolling all good!! post up any questions dude!!! all of us here will do our best to help out mate!!!!