1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dynamite 29cc losi 5ive t

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by ReedT, Apr 30, 2016.

1. ReedT

ReedT New Member

Hi Guys.

I just bought a losi 5ive t avc and it should arrive in the mail next Saturday.
    I am just wondering if anyone knows how much horsepower the stock dynamite 29cc engine has?
    Thank you.

Also, does the tuned exhaust pipe for this truck actually make a difference or is it too loud compared to the amount of power it adds?

Thank you kindly for your information guys!!

2. Spence123

Spence123 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    If I am correct is it this one? http://www.losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOS05002

the best bang for your buck would be to get stiff clutch springs that really allow that motor to spool up like a turbo charger, and take off when its in the power. If I read correctly it already has an 8000rpm clutch installed. I would leave the muffler stock. Also be careful with these pullstarters, I had a 1/5th scale King motor 5b clone with the same style 23cc motor(it was a fuelie not zenoah) but it still had a lot of compression and was a monster when the RPM's actually got high enough. But back to the pull starters, do not pull it like a lawn mower, pull the starter a little till you feel it grab then yank it hard but not too hard. I broke a total of 3 pull starters and I finally learned my lesson :D

IMO the stock motor is probs pretty darn good, but if you ever blow it out, I would really suggest getting a BZM, or more likely a 9hp OBR engine, or the rcmax 70cc monster

#2 Spence123, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
    ReedT likes this.
  3. ReedT

ReedT New Member

4. ReedT

ReedT New Member

Hi Spence,
    Yep that is the correct model.
    Thanks for the tips and info.
    Yeah lol I've even ripped the cord out of my lawn mower before so I will be sure to baby the pull starter.

Yeah I wasn't sure if I should leave the muffler stock or change it. I am looking to get horsepower without having to change the entire engine. I heard in some of the reviews that the tuned exhaust pipes for this truck add up to or more than 1 horsepower!! Wow.
    But if it is ridiculously loud then for myself it isn't worth it.

5. burqinho

burqinho Member

It is a lovely truck. I have one of those 1st gen 5ive ts and love it. The only difference is that my engine is 26cc. I added avc but didnt like the way it drives with avc. I think you will see the difference for yourself.

I wanted to share my experience on the muffler issue. I switched to DDM dominator. Lovely pipe. Yes, it is just a little bit louder but not too much. The reason i switched to that pipe is because these things are heavy and don't give you enough low end power. In other words, once you start losing revs; for example you take sharp turn sideways, you get out if that turn pretty damn slowed down. This pipe takes care of that. Adds about 1hp.

Also the car sounds like a lawn mower with the stock pipe, DDM dominator sounds like a real short course truck.

ReedT likes this.
  6. ReedT

ReedT New Member

Ok thank you Burqinho. I will look more seriously in to the tuned exhaust pipes.
    They're pretty pricy and hard to find in Toronto Ontario Canada. From what I see most of them are in the States.
    thanks again.

7. burqinho

burqinho Member

Trust me you get what you pay for :). Also check ddm's website. I believe they ship to canada. You should recieve it in a week.

Bartolone pipes are also another good option that is usualy famous among large scalers.

8. ReedT

ReedT New Member

ok thanks buddy I'll check out DDM & Bartalone, I have heard of them before.