1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROP PLANE Electronics, and wiring for a plane, HELP!

Discussion in 'Pilots Lounge' started by LetsGoMuddin, Aug 4, 2012.

1. LetsGoMuddin

LetsGoMuddin Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hey my Dad and I are trying to fix his old plane he built as a teen and we need some help! It is a gas plane that uses hobby fuel, we have all the servos and we bought a new tx and rx. The problem is figuring out how to connect a battery and esc. I have never done anything with planes just cars, so i would like some help. :O_O: heres some pics to show you guys:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    also if you have any wiring diagrams and opinions on a esc and battery, that would be helpful as well. Thanks for the help!

2. LetsGoMuddin

ELiTE MEMBER

o sorry guys i just need to figure out how to connect a battery, i appreciate the help guys!

3. BigMike81

BigMike81 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Looks like all you need is a receiver pack and enough voltage to run your servos. Love the plane though, and I hope she flies good for ya.

4. RegY

RegY New Member

would help a lot if you could say what tx/rx combo you're using

i can tell you for spektrum....

all spektrum 2.4 recivers have the same reciever bind and setup, the only difference is the quantity of channels:

http://spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/SPMAR400-Manual.pdf ---- page 7&8 for binding

Cheers,
    Reg

5. MrSTUDofRC

MrSTUDofRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

What ESC are you using? But Anywho - no matter what ESC you use you will have to connect all servos to the receiver and the ESC connects to the receiver(like any RC) - but the battery connects to the ESC and the motor connects to the ESC - the battery will connect to the ESC through your choice of plug(you may have to use an adapter)

Here is a diagram:

image.jpg

#5 MrSTUDofRC, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  6. LetsGoMuddin

ELiTE MEMBER

Hey everyone, I have the servos and everything working. It's an old gas plane so a friend of my dad's told us that we should take the engine apart and clean everything because the old gas will mess up the motor and make it not start. We are using a Fly Sky 4 channel system. We had to convert the servo connectors to modern connectors!

7. BigMike81

BigMike81 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

That is a great diagram, I am very impressed and got a lot out of it. Simple and gets the point across. Great work.

8. MrSTUDofRC

MrSTUDofRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Thanks BigMike!