1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Esc trouble!

Discussion in 'Race - Newbe Q' started by chevyboy3199, Aug 5, 2014.

1. chevyboy3199

chevyboy3199 New Member

I recently purchased a speed passion reventon s brushless combo and I ran it for the first time today but I noticed that when I turned it on the esc fan won't turn. I need help because the last thing I want to do is pump more money into this thing lol. Please any suggestions are appreciated

2. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

it may not come on until it is needed

3. RustyWrench

RustyWrench ...I Always Edit...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I have read and watched some reviews apparently the combo you have is some what problematic... I'm not sure if they are as bad as I seem to hear... Please let us know what you think of it after you have run a few packs through it... As [MENTION=9658]walter[/MENTION] said the fan may only come on when the ESC hits a pre programmed temp... I would check the temps often to see if or when the fan comes on. If you don't have a temp gun then just use your finger on the cooling fins. I would check it after one minute of full speed, if it's okay run another two minutes then check again, then another 3 minutes (total of 5 minutes) then check every 3 to 5 minutes after that maybe even more often if it is getting warm...

Also check the programming, you may be able to change the temp preset on the fan if so equipped... This may help a little... A quick FYI the opinions in the video are that of the person whom made it, and in no way shape or form reflect my opinion... Truly I have no opinion, I have never used this combo, I only posted the video to try and help a fellow RC Addict... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx3fhfNlRhk
    Check out minute 8 in the video for the programming on your computer. At 8:46 you can see an Over Heat Protection button...

Dean

#3 RustyWrench, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  4. chevyboy3199

chevyboy3199 New Member

Thank you. I have programmed this set and it has a heat cut off but I'm also new to fans lol my old system got no where near hot enough. Ill look into it and hopefully post my results tomorrow

5. chevyboy3199

chevyboy3199 New Member

I contacted speed passion and they asked for a proof of purchase and then said it was faulty and so they are sending a new fan