1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever question how you get your kids into this? Your wife/girlfriend? Here is my guide

Discussion in 'Bashing Chat' started by Maligna, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Maligna

Maligna New Member

This is where I started this adventure... How do I get my kid who hates to do anything with family to do something with family?!?

[​IMG]

Of course, she did not have the slightest interest in a plain old Bug...

[​IMG]

So apart it came, partially at least, minimal at best...

[​IMG]

A touch of pipe insulation foam... After a LOT of pondering just how to do what exactly I was doing....

[​IMG]

Few rolls of colored tape... because I highly anticipate needing to make replacement parts, I kept them simple...

[​IMG]

#1 Maligna, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  2. Maligna

Maligna New Member

And the near end result????

[​IMG]

I honestly did not think it was all that bad, considering it was minimal expense, easy to fix...

[​IMG]

Of course, cannot have Pikachu without a Pokeball right?? Or 4 of them.... On state of the art Pringles lid hub caps!

[​IMG]

End result? Or 1st words from her mouth? "I'm gonna drive it like a boss!"

[​IMG]

Some Pika-Air!!

[​IMG]

And of course some lake racing!

[​IMG]

#2 Maligna, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  3. Maligna

Maligna New Member

So a few touches left. Going to get an Ash figure to drive it... And maybe... Just maybe..... A mini tesla coil for Pikachu's famous "Thunder Shock"???

I spent weeks trying to figure out how to get her off the couch and outside.... Then suddenly this idea popped in my head while looking at "Hello Kitty" cars.. (Another future build)...

So now, I can get her outside, even when it is cold and snowy, and she has a blast racing and bashing about with her sisters...

So when you are sitting there thinking how to get your wife, girlfriend, kids.... Anyone.... into the hobby, find that tiny spark from something they already have interest in, and feed it!!

I have a "Twilight Jeep" sitting on my shelf waiting for final touches also.... From an Axial Dingo, you can see it in the picture of her with her Pika-Bug.. <-- side

Anyhow, hope I gave someone a touch of inspiration on how to inspire others tonight!!

Keep it real!

4. prophet

prophet Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    BRILLIANT MATE! that's a terrific idea! :)

5. Callmecowboy

Callmecowboy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Man that was an awsome idea. And the Pringles hubcaps... Pure epic man.

6. sirkingdra

sirkingdra Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

That's awesome, and really creative man. I love Pokemon lol. Really unique idea as well.

7. GotCox

GotCox Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Awesome job!! That is what is great about RC's they can be anything you want them to be and do almost anything you can imagine. Great way to reach out and create interest for your family! You sir are a good dad!

8. bumpin

bumpin Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

i would love to see a pic of the twilight rig a bit closer . the wifey loves that series shes read all the books 5 times at least. she wants to build a truck but doesnt like any of the bodies which is hindering her choice and extending my wait time do to the fact that she wants to build hers with me. i was pretty psyched when she said she wanted to do it because she saw how excited i get when i watch the videos or talk to people abot rcs. and the fact that ive been on this forum most of the days off i have due to the crappy cold weather we have had as of late.

#8 bumpin, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  9. bongofish

bongofish Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Excellent idea! Gives me an idea on how to get a little closer with my daughter. My son is into the hobby, my daughter is kinda on the fence.
    Not for long. Thanks for the idea!

10. Maligna

Maligna New Member

It is on hold currently, the "Boss" (my wife) will be getting the Axial Rubicon, and since, Axial has now produced a "roof" that fits that body. So I will be ordering an unpainted body with roll cage and the lexan roof, then my daughter will get the silver Rubicon body and lexan roof which I will put a soft cover on... This has become the best possible way to keep it durable with the soft top, since the roll cage will be directly under it, and allow my wife to have a purple Jeep herself...

I will be putting this together in the next month or so, and will post a full thread on it then, I will be sure to shoot you a message once its up!

11. bumpin

ELiTE MEMBER

that would be great. thanks. i had an idea to do the rubicon with a soft top which i was going to make out of an old rain coat . but then i saw the kit with the hard top and decided to go that route instead. the wifey was reading over my shoulder and is excited to see that build as well.

12. Crawler Ted

Crawler Ted Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Good stuff buddy ! The rig is cool.

13. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

very cool , the only bad thing is I am 45 years old knew what it was by the filth pic.

14. bumpin

ELiTE MEMBER

lol nice walter i thought it was bad that i new what it was period lol!!

15. DizzyDad

DizzyDad Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Dude, that's super cool! And the foam and lids are pure genius! Never would have thought of it. Now, I have some idea on where to start on making the boy an "angry bird" monster truck! Foam is way easier to shape than trying to get plastic stamped over a mold. Thanks for this post!

16. Rambodian

Rambodian New Member

(thread revive, I had to comment on this:p)

LOL, that's funny and brilliant at the same time. My problem would be making an RC look like a make-up kit to get any of my girls interested LOL, well done mate.

17. selightfritz

selightfritz Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Great idea.... you may end up in the running for Dad of the year!
    :enjoyingmahplaylist

18. Bubba J

Bubba J Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Not just epic that is pure MEPIC man !!!!!!!!!!

19. Maligna

Maligna New Member

I greatly appreciate the compliments guys! I have just about finished her trail truck...

It's a CC01 unimog in an Adventure Time theme!

Will post it in a thread in a few days!

20. dabbad

dabbad Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hmmmm..... thinkin bout a Hello Kitty and La~La~loopsy kinda rig now!