1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f150 hard body 6x6 build

Discussion in 'Road Giants 6x6/8x8/10x10' started by darkside0914, Nov 17, 2016.

1. darkside0914

darkside0914 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    robbed the axles and shocks off of my everest 10 crawler to get more done on this, and i'll be taking the transmission, plate and electronics too, but I still need to fab 3rd axle lower links, and redo the transmission drop bracket I made, i plan to replace them with some maxstone10 chassis plates I modded awhile back, and it'll save me the headache of trying to drill perfectly aligned holes for the transmission/skid plate, with the new longer wheelbase I have plenty of room for the rear drive shaft now, my plan is to have this thing running by the end of july, provided nothing unforeseen happens i'll have extra money this month so I should have enough to buy what I need to finish the chassis and paint the body, I also changed my mind about the camper, instead of putting it on this i'm going to build another truck, a 4x4 dually, and put it on that one.

walter likes this.
  2. darkside0914

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    got the last few items I need ordered, drive shafts, a set of stock everest 10 tires, and treaded rod for the last of the links I need, i'll finish the body work, mostly a little sanding, and buy the paint this weekend, still haven't decided on a color, also need to figure out a battery/ electrics tray and rear body mounts, but those are minor problems i'll worry about when I get the rest done.

walter likes this.
  3. darkside0914

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    got everything done except paint, just waiting for my drive shafts to come in, and I wasn't paying attention when I ordered them, so they are coming from china, so could be a while yet, but hopefully i'll have them this weekend.

walter likes this.
  4. darkside0914

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    amazing, I actually got my shafts today not at the end of the month or even next month, now the chassis is complete and i've even managed a decent run before the 1st bugs showed up, but nothing major so far, just a weak rear frame brace, this is where I have my rear body mounts mounted, and a front drive shaft that came loose and is a touch to long, but it does work, i'm not sure if I can trim a few mm off the female end or not, it's a non branded junfac steel shaft and they only have about 6mm at the end that turns the male side.

5. darkside0914

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    good news is my chassis is done and driving, and it runs pretty good too, bad news is I have to come up with a body mount system for the rear because what I had was to weak and broke off, so until then I can't mount the body, but I can still have fun without it at least.

sweet rc and walter like this.
  6. darkside0914

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    00whynot, sweet rc and walter like this.
  7. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

looks good

darkside0914 likes this.
  8. darkside0914

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    thanks walter, i'm pretty happy with it.

walter likes this.
  9. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    rigs looking sharp man :)

darkside0914 likes this.