1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faa Pending Regulations

Discussion in 'RC Chat, Tutorials, Ideas, Requests, Etc' started by Taz1175, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Taz1175

Taz1175 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

The FAA is peniding regulations on the model aviation of R/C, including "balsa and foam aircraft, park flyers, helicopters and other aircraft that are flown at club fields, flying events, parks, or on private property", which could potentially resrtict operation by including additional rules that would impact hobbyists.
    Check it out here:
    http://publications.horizonhobby.com/read/archive?id=3477&e=taz1175@cox.net&x=74ee348c

http://www.modelaircraft.org/abouta...=AMA&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=AMA1100301

2. RobscoRC

RobscoRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Humbug. Its because of this kinda rules crap that I don't fly at clubs, or buy MAAC insurance. Safety is common sense, but these guys always have a way of going to far. Soon RC planes and heli's are going to require a license plate.. LAME

3. Taz1175

Taz1175 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Yeah, no kidding Robsco, tell me about it.......it's getting a litte ridiculous already. :p
    Can you imagine R/C planes & Heli's with a liscebse plate......I mean really. :rolleyes:

4. Ditchdiger

Ditchdiger Has a Really Cool Profile Pic
    ELiTE MEMBER

Robsco your right. maybe soon they might need SPECIAL licences to fly.....................LAME is right....

5. momobagodonuts

momobagodonuts Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I can hear it now. RobscoRC you are clear for take off. You may have to change your name to Maveric.:cool:

I wonder if Obama is behind this.:confused:

6. RobscoRC

RobscoRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I think the problem is that the average joe is capable of making in RC plane thats operated from long distances, can run for hours, and carry a payload. Sounds like a guided missile to me, and the US government knows it. So they impose harsh rules on the average joe, even though nobody is going to listen to them anyway. Its like gun registry stopping gun crimes.. The people doing the crimes don't register there guns moron!

So what I think were going to see is so many rules that its going to make it harder and harder to fly at a club.. So nobody is going to fly at clubs. Im personally against MAAC insurance (AMA in the US) simply because of the rules they impose, so this is no different to me. I wish all the americans on here the best of luck.

7. imtowman

imtowman <b>RCSparks Addict</b> <br />
    ELiTE MEMBER

I hear ya Robsco. Its why im not big on the club AMA or more gun control BS. And thanks for your support

8. Beastmanh

Beastmanh <b>1!NUX_RUl3$</b>
    ELiTE MEMBER

If this goes through it will bring on my usual reaction to ridiculous laws, ignore them! :)