1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First FPV

Discussion in 'FPV Build Threads' started by lunithy, Oct 3, 2013.

1. lunithy

lunithy New Member

As a few of you know I have a passion for multirotor craft and what got me interested was the amazing FPV videos on the tube from various people around the world and olso being a huge sim fan growing up I love this pov from gaming and experience in the real thing so after seeing what could be done I just had to have a go.
    I already own a older GOPRO HD960 for the cam and I decided to go with Boscam RC832 5.8g 600mw 32CH FPV $99.99 and a pair of FatShark BASE SD $285 all from Hobby fling.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    So when all this stuff turns up I will be doing my maiden FPV flight :D.

#1 lunithy, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  2. Oneeye

Oneeye Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I have the Boscam system as well. I think you're going to find that it's way better than gaming except for the crashing part...lol... So what are you going to mount it on first?

3. lunithy

lunithy New Member

It's going on the dead cat then later I plan to get a small 5g transmitter for the quad pod after the new FC arrives "Acro Zase32"
    STM32F103CBT6 32-bit ARM Cortex M3 processor (72MHz, 3.3V)
    Invensense MPU6050 MEMS accelerometer + gyro
    RC input breakout cable
    Built-in Micro-USB for programming/firmware update
    36x36mm size, ~5 gram weight w/o headers:in love:
    [​IMG]

4. lunithy

lunithy New Member

OK I did it! had my first FPV :yaehamnotdurnk:
    [video=youtube;3TiGdfF2AKw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TiGdfF2AKw[/video]

#4 lunithy, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  5. Oneeye

Oneeye Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Good 1st flight man! No crash = a successful flight! So how did you like the Fatshark goggles? Was the view in them clear? Are you getting any blips or loss of signal during flight?

6. lunithy

lunithy New Member

I forgot to mention I was using my TV inside the lounge room Oneeye bit scary just couldn't wait it has blue screen! lol ... had me mate LOS for me but the Fat Sharks are in the mail and I did get a bit of static didn't lose picture did a run around with the TX to see were my black spots were.
    Next time I will capture what I see and post that up as it is a bit different not as clear but still very good.
    Its is allot harder than it looks as the wind is gusty and is hard to tell speed and distance.

7. lunithy

lunithy New Member

Got my goggles today :)
    [video=youtube;H0xCR572QXU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0xCR572QXU[/video]

8. Chunder

Chunder Fixer
    ELiTE MEMBER

Nice goggles, I have the same set.

But, a warning. Either wrap the extra power lead in heat shrink or electrical tape because if it bumps one of the video connectors, the wires all melt instantly. Had to get a new set.

9. lunithy

lunithy New Member

OH!! thanks man I appreciate that.