1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First scale truck!

Discussion in 'Newbe Help' started by Zigec, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Zigec

Zigec New Member

Hello everyone :)

So I am not completly new to the RC world i know quite some stuff, but I am not that experienced when it comes to trail trucks and crawlers...
    I want to buy my first scale truck and need your help as i can't decide which to get.
    I am going to buy it from rcmart because they are quite cheap and have a clearance sale and I am on a budget under 300€. I also want to buy an RTR and will do upgrades later on.
    So for the truck I will mostly use it for normal trail and scale driving but I do wanna do some light crawling (not extreme rock crawling and stuff like that). I was looking at the scx10 II RTR rom axial, Tamiya CC01 (i think it's something like that) and the Gmade komodo. I know there is alot of other trucks and if you think of a better choice for me please tell :). I also want it to look good and for me that means something like the jeep wrangler body or cherokee... you see where i am going I hope:).

Thank you guys for all the sugestions and if I left some info on what i want ask and I will try to answer as quickly as possible.

:)

Edit: I was also looking at the mst cmx (any good?)

2. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

scx10 II RTR from axial is the best first truck

Y2daT likes this.
  3. Boing

Boing Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Axial All The Way!!!

Plus, then you have the excuse to go to AxialFest.

4. Gromit

Gromit Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I'm not all that experienced, I just can say I'm quite happy with my SCX10.

I haven't seen much of the MST cars around here, but I hear a lot of good about it on a german forum. So much that I'm very tempted to get one. I just swore a holy oath not to get anything new as long as some other projects lie unfinished.

5. Polaris425

Polaris425 Moderator
    MODERATOR ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I agree %100

6. Zigec

Zigec New Member

Getting the scx10ii in couple of weeks thanks for the recomendations guys :)

walter and Polaris425 like this.