1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flysky gt3b

Discussion in 'Trail Truck Electronics' started by Koreyh2010, May 30, 2013.

1. Koreyh2010

Koreyh2010 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

2. Mikecal

Mikecal Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hey koreyh2010, I have that transmitter and receiver and I'm very happy with it. The 3rd channel is only a two position channel so you won't be able to let's say run a winch with it but you can always get a HeyOk winch controller and it will work fine. Anyways, all in all it's very easy to use and I believe a great radio. Best of all, it's not very expensive and you can find the receivers on eBay for about $12-17. Hope this helps.

3. tcp57fd

tcp57fd Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

It's 39.00 at hobbypartz.com check out overkillrc he hacks them and you get 8 channel out of it pretty awesome

4. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Just don't get it from there... You can get them heaps cheaper else where. I myself have a GT3B and LOVE IT..
    Feels good to hold, 10 Model Memory.. REALLY easy to set up...

I loose sight before I loose range..

5. Goblintinker

Goblintinker Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

one of the best transmitters there is espescially for the price just be careful if you ever open it up the antenna wire is very fragile run all my vehicles on it plus with the upgrades that can be done to it make one of the best out there even better than the spectrum... you can also get the hobbyking turnigy version which has the expo problem onsome of them fixed plus has a slightly more streamlined shell and is the internals; also has the longest range I have ever seen

6. jaloos

jaloos Mod, Staff Member and Ghetto Fabricator

Media:
    Very good setup to get.

With another 25 bucks spent on the hack kit and a little soldering its one of the best.

Hacked it will do steering mixing, esc mixing, dig functions, up to 8 channels up to 60 some odd model memory etc.

7. Mowgli

Mowgli Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Glad I ran into this thread been thinking of gettin one but was on the fence about it. Not anymore though. :yaehamnotdurnk: I'm gettin kinda tired of carrying several transmitters around with me.

8. jaloos

Media:
    Typically the 3 channel receivers are 10 bucks or under. There are some HobbyKing ones in the 4,6 and 8 channel that work and are under 10 bucks.

6 Channell Hobbyking http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=12901

8 channel http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=12339

More info

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread-6.html#post3171343

#8 jaloos, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
  9. Koreyh2010

ELiTE MEMBER

Thanks for all the replies guys

10. Slimjr331

Slimjr331 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

My brother and I have the GT3B. Very good transmitter, especially for the price. The receivers are like $10 on ebay. You can do alot of mods on the GT3B too. The Lipo mod is a great mod.

11. stanmondz

stanmondz New Member

why not? for 11 bucks more you get a pre hacked radio, and you support the little guy

12. Joker777

Joker777 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I have been running this set up for over 2 years now its great. Never had a range issue or a failure. The only problem i have had with it is i some how manager to break the trigger hook that goes over your finger for braking. Ordered a couple of new ones and alls ok again

13. Koreyh2010

ELiTE MEMBER

Just ordered it and another receiver for 7.40 :D

14. selightfritz

selightfritz Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I have the GT3C absolutely love that transmitter/receiver combo... the only advise I would give is order a few receivers at the same time, they will resist a little splashing but submerging one for a week will cause it to die and its a long wait for a replacement.....
    :evilish:

15. jaloos

Media:
    You can usually get one off ebay shipped to where you live in 4 days free shipping. I live in Canada but I get my RC stuff shipped to Colville Washington. USPS kicks on Canada Post.