1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SHORT COURSE Ford F-150 Raptor Gulf Livery

Discussion in 'OFF Road Photos' started by Alberto, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Alberto

Alberto New Member

The body is a Proline Ford F-150 Raptor body(http://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/true-scale-ford-f-150-raptor-svt-clear-body/) painted in the Gulf livery that the Ford GT40 used and Aston Martin is currently using. The paints I used were Tamiya Corsa Gray(PS-32), Orange(PS-7), Blue(PS-4), and Black(PS-5). Corsa Gray looks more of a sky blue in person and does look closer to the actual paint Ford and Aston Martin used/uses. I first laid down black and then I masked the stripes(Used 3mm tape for stripes) and anything I wanted blue. After that, I sprayed orange and then Corsa Gray. I ended up using up the whole can of PS-32 just to be safe that the blue didn't bleed through. Lastly, I sprayed the blue and backed the whole body in blue to make it look cleaner when looking from the outside. For the Gulf and Michelin stickers, I bought shipping labels from the store and just printed the logos on the label and cut them out. Since the stickers are paper, I had to put clear tape over them and cut the tape to size so the stickers wouldn't get ruined when exposed to water. I just recently found out about waterslide decal paper so I'll use that once these wear out from water exposure. It was my first body that I painted and it actually turned out pretty good. Took me about 12+ hours to finish it. I also need to remove the nerf bars so they wont stick out. Also forgot to mention that the pre-cut body was cheaper than the non pre-cut in my local hobby shop so I ended up getting the pre-cut body instead. I will be either plastidipping the beadlock ring orange if they make orange or use a light color and then paint over it with orange so if I want to change colors again, all I have to do is peel off the plastidip.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 Alberto, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
    Antho11 and lout like this.
  2. Fuglio

Fuglio Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Looks sweet!

Alberto likes this.