1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Futaba 4PX

Discussion in 'Race - Electronics' started by SlashStar, Nov 22, 2015.

?

Would you recommend this transmitter?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SlashStar

SlashStar Member

Hello Everyone,
    I am looking for some input on the Futaba 4PX. I have a couple different vehicles that I would like to use this with. If you have this, what have your experiences been like and is it worth the cost?

2. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Welcome to the forum! I have the 4PLS and I believe it's all you really need. It's got tons of features and it's perfect for bashers. I was thinking of getting the predecessor of the 4PX but the 4PLS has all the features I need for less money, with that extra cash I can save up for an rc or upgrade one.

3. aceofaxe

aceofaxe Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

First off Welcome! Glad you found us! I have the 4PX and absolutely love it. I didn't think I would be able to tell the difference between that and the other Futabas, but I really did. I would say though, if you are not using it for racing you probably won't see the benefits of as much. If you are just scaling or crawling most other radios will work. As long as they have enough channels to cover what you want. The 4PX allows you to use most FHSS receivers but only one FASST receiver works with it. The FASST receivers tend to be a lot more expensive than the FHSS and I can not really tell the difference. I use the FHSS with my 4PX and am VERY happy with it! as Antho11 said, it should have all you need, but if you are racing I would suggest the 4PX. just my opinion. Any other questions fire away!

Antho11 likes this.
  4. SlashStar

SlashStar Member

Thank you for the welcomes and suggestions. At the present time I do not plan to do any serious racing. I am mainly in the hobby just to have fun and tinker around. I have been playing around with my Traxxas nitro slash that I've had for about 2.5 years and I have recently added a Traxxas 4-Tec and HPI Sprint 2 Sport to my small but growing collection. As for the transmitter I am looking for something that'll let me do some fine tuning to my driving style. Being a huge fan of technology the 4PX immediately caught my eye.

5. aceofaxe

ELiTE MEMBER

No problem, If you bought a newer Sprint 2 with the FHSS receiver in it you can bind that to the 4PX. I have the Orange BMW Sprint 2 and it is bound to mine! I love that transmitter, but it is pricey!

6. SlashStar

SlashStar Member

Thank you again. I checked it out and it does have the FHSS receiver. The price is quite a bit higher compared to others that I have looked at but I am banking on the ability to put receivers in all my vehicles that will bind with it so I can have one transmitter to run them all. I am planning on leaving the Traxxas setup on my 4-TEC since I really like the Traxxas link.

7. aceofaxe

ELiTE MEMBER

And like I mentioned before the receivers are pretty reasonable. I use the Futaba R203GF 3-Channel S-FHSS Receiver if I don't need to use all 4 channels. And honestly I hardly ever need all 4 channels. I think I have 11-12 cars on the transmitter right now and got room for plenty more!

8. SlashStar

SlashStar Member

Well I honestly think you just made my mind up for me lol. I am looking at adding a couple more cars within the next few months (After Christmas that is) and that will bring me up to 5. I am mostly on road right now with my nitro slash being my only off road.

9. aceofaxe

ELiTE MEMBER

For on road especially at higher speeds it's nice to have a radio that responds as fast as you do! I never thought I would notice the response difference, but I really did.

10. SlashStar

SlashStar Member

Good to know. Another question I came up with involves the servos. Right now I just have the standard servos that came on the vehicles when I bought them. Will those work well with the receiver or is it best to upgrade to Futaba servos?

11. Tombsy

Tombsy Boat Racing Fanatic
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Love my 4PX as well, I upgraded from a 4PK super R and the menu is a lot better, easier to switch models. Really like the telemetry for rx battery. I sold 6 fasst rx's but still worth it.
    No problem with servos you just set it for analog or digital but brand doesn't matter.

aceofaxe likes this.
  12. SlashStar

SlashStar Member

Thanks for the input Tombsy. I have never owned an advanced transmitter like the Futaba 4PX so would you be able to give a little description on how the telemetry works? I have both an electric and nitro that I would like to put a receiver in for this. Thanks again

13. Tombsy

Tombsy Boat Racing Fanatic
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    It will give you the voltage of your receiver pack in a nitro, it works right out of the box with the T-FHSS receiver. There are optional telemetry sensors you can get for RPM, temperature, and pack voltage but no GPS yet. You can set it to use the "voice" to read the telemetry too :)

aceofaxe likes this.
  14. aceofaxe

ELiTE MEMBER

Isn't it great to sell a FASST rx and buy 2 FHSS rx's with the money Tombsy? lol

15. SlashStar

SlashStar Member

Sounds exactly like what I am looking for. Thank you all for the input on this topic.