1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gelande II Defender D90 vs F-350 Trailfinder 2

Discussion in 'Scale Build Projects' started by Dribble, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Bubba J

Bubba J Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Can't wait to see them both done. This is a win, win for us addicts two great builds.......

2. BigMike81

BigMike81 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

All I know is this is going to be one of the toughest votes I have ever made.

3. Dribble

Dribble Super Moderator
    Staff Member SUPER MODERATOR

Well with lots of free time for a change and the energy to work on the truck here are some quick photos from my cell. Finished product will be with my high end camera.

How the day started....[​IMG]

Mounted the winch awhile back. Now its mounted on the chassis. Or to the chassis. Bumper that is lol[​IMG]

Drilled all the holes for the roof rack. Had enough screws of same size sitting around that where black and not silver.....thankfully[​IMG]

As seen in a video update I posted awhile ago I finished off the holes for the rear light buckets and temp mounted for the photo. Not having rear lights was really bothering me.[​IMG]

So I had ordered a lightbar for my roof rack and a light kit. They backordered the light bar and didnt tell me. No clue when it will be in and shipped to me. Im not waiting around. My light kit came with 4 white led lights which I now need for the light buckets on the roof rack. So grabbed a old drift body that had white lights in them. Took them out. Trimmed out the D90 light buckets on the front....because....well they are angel eye style. Nice touch turned out to be I think.[​IMG]

Thats it for me tonight. Will work on more this weekend. Doesnt look like a lot but I probably spent 6 hours or more on it today.

4. Bubba J

ELiTE MEMBER

Looking good man, looking good. Like I said can't wait for both of them to be done......both awesome builds...as for [MENTION=335]Azrayel74[/MENTION] the ford looks good as well....

5. CodeRedMD

CodeRedMD Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Looking awesome! Love how you mounted the winch too. Thumbs up! ;)

6. BigMike81

ELiTE MEMBER

Dude that thing looks great. I love how the front bumper compliments the cage. I am in love with the winch mount too. I think we should just call it a tie, I like them both for different reasons.

7. soulguard

soulguard Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

*rubs pics all over my body* :want !:

D90! aaaahhhhh :nose bleed:

Looking great!

8. Hallzy4Life

Hallzy4Life New Member

That looks so awesome

9. Dribble

Dribble Super Moderator

My build is FINALLY complete. But it has started to rain so I can not take photos until the rain stops or slows down.

10. BigMike81

ELiTE MEMBER

Can't wait to see it, I'll be praying for good weather for you.:want:

11. Dribble

Dribble Super Moderator

Rain is coming down bad. Even if it stops for 10 min so I can grab some photos I will be happy. On a side note I need to order a thinner battery as the G2 needs smaller ones. 3300-3800 mad will fit but nothing bigger. Or else body will not fit properly.

12. Bubba J

ELiTE MEMBER

Dam rain, but we do need it

13. Dribble

Dribble Super Moderator

[MENTION=335]Azrayel74[/MENTION] OK well rain started to go away. Was still drizzling out so I quickly went outside to grab a few photos of the finished Gelande 2 D90. Couple things to note. Blue tint in the windows is the windows itself and really sucks. The front light are halo lights but I was in a rush due to rain I did not take photos of both. But you can scroll up and see how they look in a previous post. Rear lights are working lights but I need to find a new battery that is smaller as my 2s 5000mah does not fit. I need to find a 2s 3300mah-3800mah soft lipo. Front lights are powered by there own separate battery 1s lipo its just how these ones work. Last is the lights on the roof rack. Still working on putting lights in with a long enough wires to reach the light box underneath. I was supposed to get a LED Light Bar but it was back ordered and I still have not seen it so I am not waiting anymore. This truck is DONE!

Lets start with the front of the truck shall we.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now the sides of the truck...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rear of the truck...rear light buckets installed and work. Explained above why they are not on...

[​IMG]

14. Dribble

Dribble Super Moderator

Now for my drivers. Yes I am a Star Wars fan so what better then a Han Solo driver and Slave Leia as the passenger...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thank you for viewing.

15. Bubba J

ELiTE MEMBER

She is a beauty. Like the color and the driver and slave.....

16. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

We got 12 inches of rain last Thursday

17. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

that looks cool

18. BigMike81

ELiTE MEMBER

She is a real looker. Glad you finished strong man, [MENTION=335]Azrayel74[/MENTION] the bar is set what you got? This is not going to be easy.

19. Azrayel74

Azrayel74 Dr. Madness

The TF2 F350 has been done for a few weeks now... Ive just been waiting for [MENTION=290]Dribble[/MENTION] to get the rest of the parts hes wanted. I have posted a few indoor shots of my rig and will try to get some outside shots tonight if weather holds out.

20. Bubba J

ELiTE MEMBER

It don't matter who was done first......LOL..... the winners are us addicts from the pic's I have seen of both rigs. [MENTION=290]Dribble[/MENTION] and [MENTION=335]Azrayel74[/MENTION] you to both did a amazing job on your rigs. Thank you very much for doing this fun build off.....................:bouaaaaah: