1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting back in.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by MightySilent, Feb 28, 2013.

1. MightySilent

MightySilent Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I've been called many things throughout my life, but I like to go by my name, Shawn. I live in fabulous Las Vegas Nevada with my fiancee, her pregnant niece, and the father of her child to be.

I've had various earth bound RCs throughout my life, boats, cars, trucks, tanks, you get the picture. Up until 1990 they all had controllers attached to them. In 1990 I bought my first "real" RC. It was a TRAXXAS Sledgehammer. God, the fun I had bashing that poor truck around. Not too long after that I got a Losi XT then a XXT. The XXT is still sitting on my nightstand missing pieces. It hasn't run since around 98, not to any fault of it's own mind you. I just couldn't afford the time or money involved anymore.

Now it's 2013, I've got the time and am finding the money to get back into my all time favorite past time. I'm not going to have tons of cash, so I am looking at getting a TRAXXAS E-REVO with the twin 550 brushed titan motors. I've been looking into all kinds of different 4x4 "monster" trucks, and I like the innovation behind the new E-REVO. It looks like it will be all kinds of fun to bash around, and I kind of favor TRAXXAS because of my first "real" truck.

I guess that is all you get for now. Want to know more? Just ask.

krankillen likes this.
  2. Rcboomer

Rcboomer Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Welcome back to RC Shawn, I'm RCBoomer and welcome to the forums. Traxxas E-Revo is nice! I just got a new Summit and two old T-maxxs, 15pro and 2.5 and more to come. It a long list of RCs I have!:D

3. DizzyDad

DizzyDad Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Glad you came back to the fun of rc man. You know you got me thinking of my first real rc with your story. It was a little 10 scale buggy that I put together when I was thirteen. About the only thing I remember about it was that it was bad ash. Too bad ash. My parents didn't like me driving it around the yard because they claimed it was ripping the lawn all up. So, since I couldn't play with it I traded it for a bicycle that wasn't nearly as cool. Now, after 19 years, I'm just getting back into rc too with my little ones, and I encourage them to try and rip up the lawn with our toys. The Messier the better :)

4. RcCrawlerKing

RcCrawlerKing Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Cool story Shawn! :) Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your stay!

5. MightySilent

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Thanks for the warm welcomes and kind words folks. I'm sure I'm going to love it here.

6. prophet

prophet Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Hello and welcome to the forums Shawn! It's great to have you here with us at RC Sparks! Good to hear that you are getting in to the hobby again mate! :)

7. MightySilent

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    editing title test 1

Just a quick update here.

So, after watching many a great vids about crawlers, reading about all of the awesome fabrication work, and seeing many fabulous pics of scalers, I scrapped the E-REVO idea. I have decided to get a trail rig to goof with. I have also talked my fiancee into getting back into the hobby, as long as i get her a rig as well. So, I showed her a few rigs and she chose the SCX-10 Rubicon RTR, and I have decided to get the Honcho.

The money that I have been hoping for has gone through, and is expected around the twelfth. I am going to check out the closest lhs in my area just to see what they have, and what kind of deal I can get from them. If that doesn't turn out I will be ordering the rigs online. I am also ordering a couple sets of drive shafts Amazon.com: TopCad Heavy Duty Steel Universal Drive Shaft (2) Black for Axial SCX10: Toys & Games, lower links (i don't have the tools to make my own yet) Billet Machined Gearbox Holder & Lower Link (4) 115-120mm for Axial SCX-10 for R/C or RC - Team Integy, and a couple of steering sets Billet Machined Steering Block and Linkage for Axial SCX-10 Honcho & Dingo for R/C or RC - Team Integy.

#7 MightySilent, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  8. RCforlife29

RCforlife29 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Welcome to the family Shawn, My beat is you will love it here. Great people and tons of information on the forums. And from the sounds of that list you have there you will have a couple of nice trail rigs for sure. Have fun and enjoy you time here and on the trails.

9. MightySilent

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    WOW, was just looking back at this and realizing how much can change in as little as a month. I still intend on getting these rigs and upgrades in the future, you all know that I wound up going with the Vaterra Twin Hammers.