1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gmade sawback build

Discussion in 'OFF Road Build Projects' started by mattlinRC, Dec 29, 2013.

1. mattlinRC

mattlinRC New Member

so im having troubles with my gmade sawback beadlocks. i cant get the bead to stay in the beadlock, i dont know if im doing it wrong or what. some one help me out! how do i do it? or what do i do? because the bead wont lock in. HELP ME OUT, PLEASE!! 0 0
    __

2. ForkliftJeff

ForkliftJeff Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I just finished building my Sawback and this was my first time using this style beadlocks. My first thought was I hated them. The first one I put together the bead wasn't fully locked. But then I figured it out. Put the ring on the inside, then put the back of the wheel in and then put the front of the wheel in. Line up the screw holes the best you can. Lightly squeeze the front and back halves of the wheel together and then gently move the sidewall of the tire away from the wheel just so the bead seats. Do that all the way around on both sides of the wheel and then using the two long screws, tighten the wheel together. When it's together, then put the rest of the screws in and tight, then replace the long screws with short ones. Kinda hard to explain but I hope this helps you. It frustrated me and I was already thinking of replacing them with something better.

3. mattlinRC

mattlinRC New Member

see i did that but it looks really funky and the beads dont go in and if the do i cant screw it in and if i can the bead pops out. idk what to do

4. darkside0914

darkside0914 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    sounds to me like it would be easier to just get rid of the beadlock ring and just glue the tire to the rim or get a set of external beadlocks

5. mattlinRC

mattlinRC New Member

i was just wondering if i was doing it wrong or if some one could tell me how to do it

6. mattlinRC

mattlinRC New Member

got the axles mounted on my frame!! now gonna paint the body! im thinking army green! what do you think?

7. mattlinRC

mattlinRC New Member

what esc should i use with a tekin45t hd? i was gonna go with an fxr system but i need something just as reliable but a lot cheaper. what would be the best?

8. jeremy878785

jeremy878785 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Axial ae2 on esc though I'm not sure if they are much cheaper.

9. mattlinRC

mattlinRC New Member

is it 3s compatible

10. jeremy878785

jeremy878785 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

That I couldn't tell you you would have to look at the specs on axial website if it won't work there's always the xl5

11. mattlinRC

mattlinRC New Member

thanks a appreciate all the help

12. mattlinRC

mattlinRC New Member

Snapshot_20131230.JPG
    still dont have the electrinicts in but i love all the nickle plated steeel on this thing
    haha you can see my dad working on my glamis uno in the background