1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

good buggies or sc trucks

Discussion in 'Bashing Chat' started by DanAmRC, Feb 28, 2013.

1. DanAmRC

DanAmRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

what is a good buggy or sc truck or truggy for around 150 to 200
    Thanks
    DanAmRC

2. RCADDICT99

RCADDICT99 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hate to break it to u but u can't really go far for 200 but if u go on Craigslist or something of that nature you might be able to get a good deal, thats how I got my brushless blitz, good luck

3. drzoo2

drzoo2 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Your going to limit your self to used for something decent. This isn't bad but I usually see extremely over priced RC cars on Craigslist. People seem to think their cars are worth the same amount as the original asking price after beating the shit out of them. I would make sure there is no issues.

What good is getting a Slash for $150 only to find out your stuck putting another hundred or so in it when you could have gotten a new 2wd for under $250.

that said....
    TowerHobbies.com | Traxxas Slash 2WD SC TQ 2.4GHz RTR

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_44_1171_2571_2573/products_id/241172/n/ECX-RC-Torment-1-10-Short-Course-Truck-w-ECX-24GHz-Radio-Waterproof-ESC-Black-Orange

#3 drzoo2, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  4. RustyWrench

RustyWrench ...I Always Edit...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    AE, Team Associated has some SC stuff Great Hobbies Search Results check it out... And Great Hobbies is a Canadian Store... Search some of the other manufactures while your on there looking...

Dean

#4 RustyWrench, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  5. RCROCKS75

RCROCKS75 New Member

Raise the price about $100 and our answers might not be hesitated. The Traxxas Bandit is good. The Traxxas Slash is good.

6. RipinRhett

RipinRhett New Member

i have a venom gambler sct you can get one for $200 brushed $250 brushless i has been a great truck

7. Swampnut14

Swampnut14 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Losi SCB: Short course buggy
    or
    Losi SCT: Short course truck
    Are good options for around your high-end of your budget, coming in at about $199

8. Slimjr331

Slimjr331 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I have a 2wd slash. I bought the Brushed version at towerhobbies for $230 with a $20 off coupon. I have a brushless sytem in it now. I am really impressed with the 2wd slash. It's a tough RC. I put mine thru alot of bashing and hitting big jumps and it's held up great. Plus lots of companies make parts for Traxxas RCs.

9. Goblintinker

Goblintinker Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

search ebay for roller chassis's and you should be able to get a slash or rustler for about 50 bucks if your willing to part it together you can build one hell of a traxxas vehicle for about 150-200 just get your electronics from hobby king servo off either ebay or hobbypartz their solar servos are freaking awesome a little liquid electrical tape and poof water proof and if your still worried about it add some dielectric grease to the board inside the servo plus a couple of them are faster and stronger than the traxxas ones and most of the time they go for about 13-16$... I just built a stock xl-5 slash with the TQI remote and a raptor xflow body for 170$ for my nephew and a set of old tires