1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good household items to build an "on the fly" micro crawler course?

Discussion in 'Rock Crawler Chat' started by 10 Gauge, Apr 27, 2011.

1. 10 Gauge

10 Gauge <b>X-TreMe BaShEr! </b>
    ELiTE MEMBER

So I'm getting the Trail Trekker in the mail today. I am looking forward to getting off work, charging it up and checking it out! Thinking about a little course I want to build on the coffee table to crawl on.

Give me a list of things in the house that make good obstacles.

I was thinking books, stacks of magazines a rubiks cube perhaps, coke cans on their side? What else....

2. 4mods

4mods Super Moderator
    Staff Member SUPER MODERATOR

You are on the right track! I lucked out when I bought my micro crawler myself and the store I picked them up in hooked me up with 2 of those little losi cardboard rock courses. Those are actually quite fun! Other then that I would throw some towels over pillows and such along with over books like you mention.

Have fun!

3. TNCrawler

TNCrawler Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

get a old bath towel and grab a few med sized rocks from around the garden or road too they should work nice and could use some backup rolls of TP too.

4. 10 Gauge

10 Gauge <b>X-TreMe BaShEr! </b>
    ELiTE MEMBER

Sweet thanks for the ideas y'all!!!

5. Crawler Ted

Crawler Ted Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Dont be scared to take that little sucker outside to the garden or whatever as well .
    I use mine in my trail rig course that was designed for 2.2 trail trucks .

Total blast .fun trucks ,I have 2 now as well as the micro crawler .

6. Chunder

Chunder Fixer
    ELiTE MEMBER

Grab a bag of potatoes. You can cut the bigger ones in half and lay them flat.

7. aledfranz

aledfranz New Member

Put 3 of the cardboard insides of rolls of toilet paper in the shape of a pyramid. Thats what i use in my course.

8. maxx4d

maxx4d Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

If you have any kids in the house...steel some of their wooden blocks..makes a great rock garden perfect for the micro crawlers..

9. RedneckRider

RedneckRider New Member

My daughter Has a few little toy cars, from cars the movie.. I crawl over those around the house. and go outside with it rocks,curbs. just about anything you can think of thats not to big of course. Fun and capable little rigs for sure..

10. RcCrawlerKing

RcCrawlerKing Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    big soup can, you could cut the bottom out and make a tunnel or ride over them
    some wood nailed together like rudboys rc but smaller
    :) just ideas!

11. Megatoys

Megatoys Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Lol I just play with it in my sons room! More the Enough obsticles in there !

12. crawlerdave

crawlerdave Banned

try some old egg cartons and paper towel rolls cut up and maybe if you have kids they might have lego's that can be made into obsticles (lego's arnt just for kids..lol ) old shoe laces or small rope can make a rope bridge from the couch to the coffee table to test your skills. I have even made a course using cardboard that i sprayed a can of expandable foam on to create mountains and obsticles. I miss my micro crawler..lol. ok have fun !!!!!!!!!!!

13. lizard017

lizard017 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

this is so true, im 31 now and i have a box of about 5,000 pcs., all my legos from when i was a kid, can make nice obstcles out of thos, and if cant get a grip on it just add another ledge,,, and for maybe a steeper clinb, you could take a peice of thicker cardboard, and stick thmbtacks in it all aroud , not the flat ones, the other ones