1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anybody heard of Topcad rc parts? I also have a few questions

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by Spence123, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Spence123

Spence123 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Hi all, has anybody heard of Topcad rc? Are they a quality brand? I came across this super cheap 11$ off of amazon aluminum steering link set for the front of an ax 10 deadbolt: http://www.amazon.com/TopCad-24002o...kmr0&keywords=axial+ax+10+deadbolt+trans+axle. Would the towardpro servo, the hot racing servo saver Hot Racing SHS88H CNC Alunium LG Servo Saver HD | eBay All be a great combo? Somebody said that they were able to truly abuse a towardpro metal gear servo for 4 years, and it still worked. Should I buy 2 of these servos (if I get the ax 10 deadbolt) if one servo may be faulty? Or have people been pretty happy with them? I also noticed (if I get a deadbolt ax 10) that people have complained about the self tapping screws that hold the castor steering blocks in place tend to back out, how should I fix that? Thread locker, hot glue, a drop of ca glue?

Thanks,
    Spence

#1 Spence123, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  2. HellRide

HellRide New Member

In my experience, TopCad makes pretty awesome stuff. i use their driveshaft in my TT01. i had a set of TopCad aluminum wheels that i absolutely loved, but they're gone now. Great quality IMO.

3. Spence123

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Thanks, so that super cheap front link set for my axial ax 10 deadbolt (if I get it) would be a great upgrade? I mean the ball ends have bronze inserts in them to reduce friction! Also it matches the orange body! But about the self tapping screws in the hubs where the steering pivots, have they been know to come undone? How shouldI I fix that?

#3 Spence123, Dec 18, 2014
  4. Dribble

Dribble Super Moderator
    Staff Member SUPER MODERATOR

I did a full SCX10 out in topcad parts and even some exterior parts on my Gelande 2 d90 like bumper winch and full roofrack. Got nothing bad to say about them. I know lots of people that run there stuff with no issues.

5. Spence123

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Thanks, so the combo of that link set, the towardpro servo, and the HR servo saver, would that be a great set?

#5 Spence123, Dec 18, 2014
  6. HellRide

HellRide New Member

Well i would have to say yeah to the link set being a good upgrade option and if it were me i would get it. And the beauty of it is that it's a cheap upgrade, so if it doesn't work out for whatever reason, you didn't really lose much. I believe you'll be happy with it!
    For the screws backing out issue, i'm not the best source for a fix to this i have no experience with this truck. I'm currently bored at work, so i've been doing a bit of reading to help you come up with a fix for this.

7. Spence123

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Lol your funny, Hope when I get the rig, I will be pretty pleased with it. If I really don't like the flexible links, I will buy those and hope that they work

8. Chrizzle

Chrizzle Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Pretty sure topcad is the same as integy and I hear people hating on integy but I think integy is good quality

9. HellRide

HellRide New Member

#9 HellRide, Dec 18, 2014
  10. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
  11. Megatoys

Megatoys Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

When dealing with aluminum parts. And screw that goes into aluminum on my rigs. Gets blue locktite. I've had to many things come apart lol.

Top cad is good stuff :)

12. Spence123

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    So what parts would u guys reccomend from topcad(the c hubs and the knuckles) that I buy as an upgrade? I mean the axial knuckles alone are $40 for a pair

13. summitnut

summitnut Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    The c hubs and knuckles are a good upgrade for durability.maybe not vanquish quality but not the price either.
    I also run beef tubes front and rear (I run 4ws on mine)

14. Spence123

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Well, if I get the truck for Christmas, I will then go in the area of upgrades.