1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has RCSparks Community Helped you, or Inspired you - Even Changed Your Life?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RCSparks, Aug 23, 2011.

1. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator
    Staff Member ADMiNiSTRAToR SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    Hi Everyone! :XD:

I have been getting a lot of requests for a Thread dedicated to how the RCSparks Community has an Impact on Your Hobby, Your Fun, or Even Your Lives!

I am virtually floored.. and am very happy to post this thread.

Let me start off.. by saying how the RCSparks Studio has made my life different.. and what I have learned so far!

People are Truly Amazing. :aceofaxe:

There is so many weird things going on in the world.. that it is very seldom I get to go online and not see some sort of shocking News Cast, or things that are generally not fun to see.. It was taking a toll on me in life.. and making me become bitter.. anti-social, etc..

Yet I know when I come to this website.. I know that I will see Smilies TOO big for the screen... I will be surrounded by friends and RC ADDiCT family that only want to be nice to each other and to share love Adventure, Some laughs, and to tell a few stories.

Our members here have been sharing Life experiences.. Such as Birthdays, Engagements, New Family members, Bands on Magazine Covers, Crazy Emoticons, and sSOo Much more..

How could I not call you my family? :on fire:

RCSparks is more than a website for me. It is my home. You are my family - and I am always happy to read the posts.. as they are filled with passion, creativity and a good sense of well being towards others.

There is no Religion, Politics, News, or anything other than Imagination at it's finest.

For this reason.. and to YOU Reading this post - I say Thank you.

THANK You for being a part of this Website - whether you are a Member - if even your passing through. By you discovering this world of fun - and even if You get only 1 Smile from you reading this message.. Then all of the work that goes into this website has been completely worth it.

Thank YOU for Changing my Life. and showing me that there is still Very good people in the world..

You are ALL a Testament to that!

I encourage You to post your experience below, so we can have a log of the visitors from around the world that come and go - and of the experiences they have with our community! Good or Bad..., A Long messages.. or a Short message.. But please - Let us know your experience!

And Please - Direct all thank-you's to the Community as a whole.. Because there is So much more to RCSparks than djmedic.

~ Its all about US as a Single Community! We are All Important here, and make this site what it is today.

Long Live the Culture of RCSparks! Be Good To One Another!

:graffiti:

2. Dribble

Dribble Super Moderator
    Staff Member SUPER MODERATOR

I would for sure say this has changed my life in a big way. Starts back In February 2010. I was injured at work back then and my back went, spent a whole month not being able to walk. Once I was able to start getting around again with not as much pain and the meds not working and my Dr not giving me anything stronger. I started to get very depressed as time went by and very anti-social and not wanting to do anything. Still going for tests on my back and not being told good news along the way and losing my mind by sitting at home all the time, not being able to spend time with or play with my kids like a father it started to get me down even more and was effecting my life.

August 26th 2010 comes around and the newest addition to my family is born very excited and still in the same state as before. By now I had picked up a Nitro Drift car and loved putting it sideways but was costing to much to maintain and the continuous working on it was causing a lot of pain. I sold the car and bought a electric drift car, and really enjoyed and had become a member on a local RC Drift site. OK so lets skip ahead to Feb/March 2011. Wanting to get a crawler I joined another local forum and started talking to 4mods a lot. His video's had convinced me on my next purchase and that's when he told me about RCSparks! I joined here not knowing much about RC or what this site was at all about. Spent some time browsing and posting. Then I started to watch Medic's build video's from the beginning on Project Over Kill. Right then and there ideas and thoughts started coming to mind.

Never knew how big this hobby really was. I decided since my wife is a photographer I would try and learn to use the photography camera and take photo's of RC stuff only and start doing video of them as well. LOVED IT! Now I'm hooked on doing RC Photography and Videography, also have picked up more RC's since then.

I still live in chronic pain and will for the rest of my life, can not return to my job and everyone wants me on disability but my Dr says no because of my age (27) I'm not depressed anymore and not anti-social either. Not only has RCSparks changed my life and made me realize what I love to do, but 4mods and Medic have inspired me in many ways as well and to never give up and do what you love. I look at everyone here as part of my family and look at this place a home away from home (as I sit at my desk at home) Because of this I have become a Supporting Member and I do not regret it one bit and will always support this site as an Elite Member.

I would like to thank everyone for welcoming me to this site and making me feel at home and helping me out, also 4mods for being a local guy and able to talk to him and directing me to this site. Special big thanks to Medic for this site and inspiring me in many ways. I have since classified myself as a RC Photographer & Videographer, and Youtube RC Film Producer and have even created my own face book page for RC Photography and Film.

Again thank you very much!

(sorry for the long response, but thought would be better to go back to the beginning instead of just saying how it changed my life)

:):haveaniceday:

Ragnar likes this.
  3. Dillard87

Dillard87 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I completely agree medic alll the crap on the news was starting to get to me to but now with rcsparks instead of waking up every morning and seeinn where thers no money left or hunger problems i come hear and chheck out my friends latest videos or builds! And it makes my day go by so much better!

And without this great site i would of never gotten my scx10 which means i would. Oof never started taken it apart to see how it works. Which mmeans i wouuld have never ggot the good idea that i could start. Fiixing and creating my own custom parts which lead to me fixing other peoples rigs around my town ad has been making me some good money recently sense i stay at home raising my daughter until she is old enuf for preschool i was starting to get depressed! Staying at home and nnot making any money but now i feel a lil achievement annd like im. Supporting my family better! And now that i have family all over the world
    me and my girlfriend hhave been discussing moveing. And canada is awer first choice so hopefully one day i wil be able to say RCsparks inspired me to move out of my lil hick town usa and helped us get out and live life to the fullest
    so yes sir RCsparks has helped and maybe even changed my life. Thank U everyone and especially medic for this great site

4. Dribble

Dribble Super Moderator
    Staff Member SUPER MODERATOR

Yes that's another thing I would have to agree with Medic and Dillard87 about is the crap all over the news, I think today is the first day in a long time I have not turned on the news. I'm also a stay at home dad with my wife just working. Son turns 1 on Friday

5. Relexman

Relexman Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

well you indeed have changed my life. im arround 10 hours a day online to RC SPARKS you and your friend have inspired me to get back to the hobby again (thank you) i alsow feel a great famaly feelijng when i get here online. we all show each other what we have an share the thing we love.

alsow i can gat allot of information arroung bashing, drifting ect. ect. from here .. I love it. medic this website is realy worth al the invensments. love your work and love the hobby THANK YOU MEDIC :) and all the others of the community

#5 Relexman, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  6. summitnut

summitnut Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    Well when this site started up i had been following medic and others on utube.I just really enjoyed the attitude and laidback feel of medic's vid's so i joined very early on and loved it from day one.
    going along happily in my life and BAM..doctor tells me you have Disscordant Lymphoma Cancer......

UHH OK Now what?.....

I gotta tell ya that got my attention.

So I can't work for a while anyways.The chemo just takes the energy right out of ya.went through the why me it's not fair ...etc.. stage.The attitude here was always upbeat and friendly,that right there made me realize "It's not what happens to you It's how you respond to it".

So thank you to medic and all the members who make this site everything it is and a big thanks from me to all of you for helping me keep my spirits up during this little issue that i will drive right up and over and be back maybe even a better person for it..

man the world could use a few more good people

7. scx10creeper84

scx10creeper84 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I'm so glad i joined the community,I've been battling health problems,depression and anxiety for a while now.Its hard but coming here helps me get by,everyone is so nice here and you all help boost my confidence by posting positive things on my threads that i post.

I don't have a group of friends to hang out with anymore so coming here makes me feel liked and wanted you all make me feel like i'm worth something.

This is the BEST rc community on the web there is no contest.

8. Gas319

Gas319 Italian Ambassador
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I have meet Rc Sparks in " you tube" , I follow Medic's Adventures and I try to made some videos.

I never be a part of any forum, until I came here.

Now I feel part of great family.

I like to share my works to all the comunity, i like feel usefull when someone needs help in any kind of problems.

Now, more than yesterday, i feel proud to have another purpose here, it give me more enegy, be part of "Intro Team" it for me a great satisfaction!!!

I'm happy every time i swich on my PC ....

.. thanks to Medic and all the staff!! ....truly Gasparre

9. krankillen

krankillen Do not drink and crawl, you might slip and fall
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I do not know what to say. I feel sad at the same time happy. I feel sad that there's so much crap in the world. Never watch the news anymore because you just feel bad.

The beauty of rcsparks is that it has caused me to start with RC again and not only that, but my whole family! thanks sparks, I have met people with the same hobby in Sweden Poppe and many more that I would otherwise have missed.

I hope sometime to meet any of you and just say hello.

10. O Dissecador RC

O Dissecador RC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Don´t know were to begin...

Long story short, at the beginning of the century my father died of leukemia, that took a toll on my family, then i got married and had 2 kids, a boy and a girl, my wife turned out to be a slut... divorced and went live with my mom, my ex wife puled some tricks with some checks that i thought i had lost, took me 4 years to pay out to the bank... complicated stuff hard to explain.

life was going hard for me... still is, it all got worse wen my mom died 2 years ago, i was left alone in the world, of course i have my kids, they light my way like a beacon keeping me alive and giving me purpose.

They are with their mother, i can only see them 2 weekends for month... the rest o the time i was home alone.

I´m lucky to have my health and a job, but the expenses easily over grow the income, have no money to have fun, it was all for the rent of the apartment and for the pension of the kids.
    My life was home work, work home... started to lose my sanity, became a antisocial animal, to the point of failing in interpersonal relations, the simple things like asking for a cup of water some were to some one became stupidly difficult... going on a date with a girl?
    no way... to complicated for me...

I get to a point that i said stop, what the **** are you doing?

I started with the rc hobby a year ago wen i bough a 3ch heli... started to doing videos and launched with my channel on the tube, the RC ADVENTURES got my attention, a few months later i joined the RCSPARKS world, that changed my life, because at first ( you can see that on my channel ) i was making videos of them stupid 3ch helis in my house, one day i went to my local hobby shop and met some cool people, one of the guys GAVE me a nitro buggy, broken of course, fixed it and now i find my self going out every weekend to bash with the guys and making better videos to show to yall.

RCsparks helped me find my self, now i interact with every one with no problem, still have money problems but now i just don´t give a ****!!

THANK YOU RCSPARKS I OWE YOU MY SANITY!

:in love:

peace

11. CrawlHog

CrawlHog Banned

well im kinda in the same boat as DRIBBLE except mine is a sholder injury with no end in sight.

I joined this site in january but mostly just watched the great videos and also spent time on another RC site. Im not new to RC but was out of it for awhile and wow have things changed. I asked alot of questions on the other site but was constantly flamed , or laughed at.

I turned my attention to RCSPARKS and was expecting the same thing, BOY WAS I WRONG.

The people on here are not only knowledgable but also extremley helpfull in answering my questions. Im happy to say I fit right in with this crowd and its my first stop on my PC in the morning.

So keep up the great work guys you truly do have a great site.

RB

#11 CrawlHog, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  12. Danboard

Danboard Friendly ENFORCER
    SUPER MODERATOR

The world in the eyes of the daily news can be so ugly sometimes.

Good thing I have a cool place to hang out, which is this awesome community that Medic built for us!

Best experience I had was months ago when I had a minor mishap with the brand new Tekin FXR ESC that I was installing in my SCX-10.

I encountered a minor "accident" during my attempt at making the ESC water-resistant!

It happened very early in the morning and the "accident" sort of ruined my outlook for the whole day. To help ease the pain, I shared the experience by posting a thread on RCSparks.

Lo and behold, not a minute too soon Medic was on me asking me to chat with him! He said that he was so sorry to hear about what happened to my ESC but advised me that it was not too late and that the ESC might still be working and can be saved.

So Medic ran with me through some steps and just like that, I have a fully functioning ESC!

I can never forget that! Not only did that event made quite an impression on me about how helpful Medic is, it also made me appreciate what a fantastic community Medic had created here.

There's a reason why this is the only forum that I frequent. I have met so many online friends here, got so many helpful tips and advices, and generally having a ton of fun each and every time I visit!

Thanks to RCSparks!
    :)

13. TNCrawler

TNCrawler Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

My Experience With RCSparks & As A Team Member,

Since I have been a member on this amazing site I have met a whole slew of wonderful people. Being here as a member has always been fun and being here as a leader of the team gives me great honor! I am very pleased to be here and have the privilege to spend time with everyone of you!!

Aaron is a true inspiration in the sense of being fair and just with everyone. His leadership and good nature type attitude make him the right person to be life long friends with.

Thank You to everyone here new or old to the hobby for teaching me and giving me a warm welcome to the RC hobby and Thank You RCSparks!! I am in for life.

Chuck M.

p.s. I could not have said it any better than every single post above me!!

14. Shcuck

Shcuck New Member

RCSParks is an Awesome community. It is full of VERY helpful and overall Friendly people. there is always someone willing to lend a hand, or just chat RC. I actively look for new Vids and will always find something useful to learn.

Keep up the great work and lets make this a great community "TOGETHER"

Keep on Crawling... :)

15. Capt Calgary

Capt Calgary Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Well I must say it is hart warming to read these stories......it is truly a great place to hang ask questions bs and watch vids ....
    I must say that the fourm has informed me about places that were right infront of me and didn't even know ..
    After hanging out for just 10 min at 1 spot, everyone was and still is very friendly, helpfull that was at an indoor race ... There is also the out door track ( BLACKFOOT ) and then later on I go to the air field and the same thing......open arms ........
    No streesssss good times great people and some amazing rc's ....

It makes me want to have a machine or machines as detailed as some I've seen ......

Its a happy place in the r/c world ...
    Thanks to all of you guys that make it happen for new guys just getting into it...and thanks to Medic for bringing all of us from around the world to 1 spot ...
    Thanks
    Capt

UP UP and AWAY !

#15 Capt Calgary, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  16. Slimjr331

Slimjr331 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Just got back into RCs a couple years ago. When i was a kid and teenager i drove RCs. On other RC websites, when i would ask for help. I got rude answers. Like no noobs aloud. Or if you don't know how to do that, then you shouldn't have a RC vehicle. Its like these people forgot they were once new to the hobby too. Back in March. I saw one of Medic Videos on Youtube. In the video he said something about a new RC website called RCSparks.

So i went to check it out. Since i have been here, i have learned so much. I made friends. I realized that there are nice,good, people out there that will help you no matter how stupid your questions might be. There are not too many places or websites in the world like RCSparks. The kindness of the people here is simply amazing. Everyday i see members reaching out to new members to show them the ropes.

3 years ago i hurt my back at work real bad. I was out of work for 3 years. I just went back to work part time in April. Doctors told me my days off playing sports or over. I use to play Ice Hockey for a local team here. I played in a Mens Softball league too. I had to leave it all behind me. I had to find myself a new hobby that wasn't so physical. Almost 2 years ago i went on Youtube and found Medics RC Adventures videos.

As soon as i saw Medic's videos i was hooked. Being out of work. It took me about a year to save up and buy a RC truck. Medic and RCSparks had helped me find a passion for something again. Now I am a RC ADDiCT AND PROUD OF IT!!! I just want to thank Medic, The RCSparks Team, and of cousre all the members for making this place feel like a home to me and everyone else. RCSPARKS FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 Slimjr331, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  17. chopperray

chopperray Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Well i'm gonna start with saying welcome to everyone reading this.
    This site has been an awsome inspiration in my world of crawlers and scalers. There are and have been many sites in this catigory. But of all the sites i've hung around for the past four years, this has been a great community to be part of. The family of people here are very fun and full of idea's. It's very intresting to me because of the world wide communication between all of us. Things you see done in other countries we would just dream about doing here in Canada.
    With that said.:psychotic::high::burnt:
    Everybody enjoy the sites, and don't forget to tell your friends !!!

18. nismoalti420

nismoalti420 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

it changed my life by giving me an entertaining place to escape to. it gave me a small group of people to confide that are in to the same hobby im getting back in to. plus it gets you away from the 9 to 5 routine of every day life.

djmedic2008, couldint of said it better. "There is no Religion, Politics, News, or anything other than Imagination at it's finest."

19. Alpine A110

Alpine A110 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

hello,
    I'm like you, the world of Rc is a good way to know interesting people:)
    It runs through all the galleys and when it will not, I forget all my worries in this passion, either by improving or simply making an exit!!!
    In any case it is only one month that I am here and I'm having a totally great atmosphere and I discovered his passion for Crawler and just pick one I think very soon :on fire:

Soon
    Nico

20. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator
    Staff Member ADMiNiSTRAToR SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    Wow...

You guys are truly remarkable.. Your dedication to this hobby community has been more than apparent, and I really must say reading your answers has been an inspiring event for me. I hope to read many more stories like this in the comings weeks, months.. and even years.

Thank you so Very much for sharing! :on fire: