1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has RCSparks Community Helped you, or Inspired you - Even Changed Your Life?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RCSparks, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Timberwolf

Timberwolf New Member

Ever since i found Medics channel ive been a happier person.. And since joining RCSparks And finding new videos and info its been even better.. I may not have a rig of my own but, i enjoy the hobby and the chance to view other peoples fun..

2. PinkIsBetter

PinkIsBetter Kickin' A$$!

RCSparks has had the profound effect of sucking me back into the RC world when I was to the point of losing interest in the sport. Amazing what a different RC environment is capable of doing, getting those creative and competitive juices flowing! I especially love the live chat feature and the achievements lol. What can I say? I'm a sucker for achievements ;)

Keep up the good work Djmedic!! And Jem of course! Hey when can I order that awesome shirt?!! I absolutely LOVE it and I'm super thrilled you thought of me. Trav really likes the brail part of the design, of course *giggles*

3. Fidde D

Fidde D New Member

Yes, RCsparks.com has change my life...
    My English is better. ( my teacher is happy about that... )
    And I do look att the world like a crazy place. :)

#23 Fidde D, Aug 27, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  4. moparman1222

moparman1222 New Member

Where to begin?

First and foremost I'm grateful to be a part of something such as this RCSparks Family. There are so many cool, awesome, unique, funny, GREAT people here.

This is what a Family/Community should be......a group of people who are joined together to share life's experiences; help one another become better as a person by helping, sharing, caring, supporting, strengthening each other and thereby strengthening and making life better for all in the Family. It is in this that "Our" RCSparks Family is so unique.

A place like this is purportedly not suppose to be possible in our High Tech, fast paced, rapidly desocializing world. But, here at RCSparks it does exist! You only have to be exposed to the unique collection of people, places, faces and experiences for but a short time to see it. Thank you all for being a part of something so very special and making this a True Family and a place to call Home.

I grew up in a small southern town in the U.S. It was a great place to grow up and was where I found my love for the outdoors, music, sports and a great respect for living in as free of a country as one could want. It was that sense of family, community, and love of life that drew me to the military at a very young age. I enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps on my 17th birthday and never looked back. It was an honor and a privilege to serve for 22 years and I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately, I was badly wounded on my 4th combat tour(2nd to Afghanistan). Not to get into details because I'm only one of so many that have sacrificed in their service to their country. It has taken three years but, I'm rehabilitated enough that I can work and function as a member of society again. I say all of that to say this......It has been my life's experiences that has taught me not to take anything for granted. Life is too precious and we should not waste a second of it. For the first time in a long time I'm in a place in my own life where I can afford to take a step back and look at so many of the things I wish I had done, that I want to do and things I simply didn't make time for in the past.

Finding some of those small things in life, that we never noticed or we took for granted, can be such wonderful and huge surprises when we finally do notice them. One of those things for me is just taking the time to meet new people, to revisit or to visit things that I never did or just thought about doing so many times but, didn't act on it. My new found love for all things RC is one of those things. I'm learning so much about a past-time that I dreamed about as a kid but, just never could act on it. I'm finding out that better than the hobby, are the people that also share that passion.

I've met so many genuine, down to earth wonderful people here in Alaska and now here at RCSparks. I look forward to making many more new friends and sharing whatever it is life has in store for us here. Thank you guys for making this such a cool and special place and thanks for welcoming me in the Family.

5. Winner

Winner Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

wow some really cool stuff up there!

Heres mine:

It all happened wayyy back in 2005 and i was walking through radio shack and saw these 1/24 scale cars xmods, but not just any cars. they had these upgrade kits. the idea completely blew my 10 year old mind. after saving up for 2 months i finally bought one of these xmods, over the next few years i continued to buy xmods every time i bought one it was a war with my RC hating parents.

then i found out about a online store where i could buy even better upgrades called Atomicmods.com. i used to stare at the sight for hours but could never buy anything because i had no way to buy off the internet and my RC hating parents just got mad and yelled every time i brought up the matter. then one day i found a website called Xmodsource which was the first forum i had ever joined where i was overburdened about the idea of a place full of people who had the same interests as me from all over the world. soon after i found out about a website called "PayPal" which was an easy way to buy things over the internet.

next thing i know i was buying and selling xmods all over the place and my RC hating parents were very upset, but they couldn't do anything because once they're here you cant just send them back. after buying and selling xmods for a long time i must have had 30 of the darn things then decided to sell a few to buy something a little more high tech so i bought a Kyosho Mini-z MR-02 shortly after came a Mini-z MA-010 after getting tired of the mini scene i decided to sell my two mini-z and buy a HPI Blitz after having the blitz it just wasn't my scene, i couldn't afford to keep up with the professionals who buy the newest electronics every 2 months and if i tried to do any thing for style it would just get torn off the next time i use it because of high speed roles. having no idea what i wanted next one of my friends (Mycrors4) suggested a SCX10, when he said that via AIM i kinda threw up a little bit i had never really like crawlers because they were too slow.

(This is where medic comes in) after watching videos for awhile i found myself on Medic's channel watching his tundra videos where i fell in love, so much in love i watched every single video medic had. after selling my blitz at a major loss (right when 4x4 SCTs were becoming popular) i bought a SCX10 which i found to be the most exciting truck i had ever owned! and now im here with some of the coolest people ever and certainly one of the coolest Admins ever!

btw, some of the people from the first forum i ever joined are members here and good friends

(Mycrors4 and Dr.kustom)

thanks medic! you're the reason im here!

6. jenkins23

jenkins23 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

ide just like to say i agree that this site is amazing and all the ppl in it. rcsparks has helped bring back my rc inspiration i havent stopped thinking about different ways to customize and upgrade my rc's thanks to he wonderful group of ppl on this site and all ther opinions and advice. i visit this site quite often now and love all the different questions and answers that everyone has . you all are a huge help in every aspect of the hobby. merry christmas and a happy new rc year. look forward to talkin to yas soon.

7. DJspiffyFISH

DJspiffyFISH Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

8. Crankbait

Crankbait Think...
    ELiTE MEMBER

As with most saw a video with this crazy nice guy on Youtube, and decided to pull an old Savage of mine out of the cob webs.
    My basement is starting to look like an eclectic car lot, but my wife told me she was glad I was back into RC, she could tell how happy it made me.

Thanks all for the push. :)

9. JonySkadoosh

JonySkadoosh Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

It seems as though , a large portion of the people on this forum have been into this hobby for a long time, or started when they were kids, I am not one of those people. I was always interested in rc growing up , but just never had the means or the opportunity to get into the hobby. It was twon years ago that I got a goofy little helicopter for christmas, it wasn't that great , but it was a catalyst. It lead to three more helicopters, but I didnt know what I was doing at the time , and had no idea how to work on them properly, so they ended up sitting in tghe closet. Then this last christmas came along and my son turned six, finally mature enough to have fun with an rc. So I got him a little new bright jeep, and he loved it. It also rekindled my excitement for the hobby. But this time Ib was dertermined to learn more about the hobby, and make the right decisions about where to spend my hard earned dollar. it was through that research that I came accross thi scruffy lookin , knowledgeable and interesting character named djmedic. His advice pointed me in a new direction as far as what I wanted to do with my hobby dollars, and for that, I thank you medic. But more importantly, It was through medics youtube channel that I discovered RCsparks, and that is a great gift indeed, I now have access to friendly , knowledgeable , like minded people , who have nothing but positive things to say. this site is truly amazing! Life in this day and age is hard for everyone, and it is becoming more and more important for each of us to have a place where we can go to feel good about ourseves and the good people we share this planet with. Its really great to see . ... keep up the fantastic work everyone.!!!!!

10. LetsGoMuddin

LetsGoMuddin Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

if it wasn't for RC Sparks i probably wouldn't be into r/c as much as i am. i wouldn't have gotten an axial wraith kit. im happy i found RC Sparks because it has helped me learn alot about how stuff works and i like being able to build stuff and then break it again LOL. THANKS MEDiC!!!!!!!:haveaniceday:

11. Crawler

Crawler Banned

Yes it has, A LOT actually I've got a axial honcho a tamiya cc-01 and soon to be a axial ridgecrest, all b/c RCSparks got me in the awesome hobby, if Medic was never here I wound have never gotten experience with rc cars.
    My first was a Losi MRC now I've added axial and tamiya and also traxxas
    I'm in love with this hobby, THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO MEDiC!!!!!!!!
    :yuush::XD:

12. grampa

grampa New Member

Like you, I too got injured at work and can relate to your post. Mine was December 2007 while loading a trailer of used junk from a commercial building remodel, I got squished under a section of all things a commercial dishwasher, and garbage disposal along with the stainless steal (about 600lbs). I got to be moved to three different hospitals over a three month span, after the operations I was sent to another hospital, to learn how to use a wheelchair and a shower, even the toilet? That stay was only 28 days then I got sent home with a book, and a bag of pills. Nothing from the navel down no longer works, and my legs are locked at the knee in a 45 degree angle so I can use the wheelchair, and shower along with the toilet. I went from driving 4500 miles a week along with the 65-93 hours a week working to sitting in my new chair watching birds, and the grass grow. So one day my oldest son came over to show me his new RC nitro truck, pushed me outside to watch (I had a good time) the next time he came over he brought me a present, it was a truck just like his and we had a lot of fun. Then I got a computer, and my son asked me to do him a favor (something to do) and he wanted me to go on ebay and buy some RC parts. Then my son told me about a thing called you tube, and you could watch videos of all kinds of stuff but be careful, sometimes one video leads to another, and another then the next thing you know your at a place you don't want to be! Moving forward a few years, and some other problems set in (lung-liver-diabetes) and another bag of medicine. Now I pretty much stay in my new electric hospital bed at home, my wife quit her job to care for me, and my son brought over a wireless router and built me a laptop computer then showed me he had a you tube account with videos complete with links, and one of the links was RCSparks, my son even set me up a channel. I don't sleep very good and I'm awake while my wife is asleep. so I spend a lot of time watching videos of RCSparks, he is always in a good mood, laughing and saying (that's what she said eh) it makes me smile, he reminds me of my son, and one time medic even answered me! I felt like a movie star had just responded to a fan, I was thrilled. So that's my story on how medic has changed my life by making me smile, recognizing one of his fans!

13. MOBY

MOBY New Member

Copy and paste from another topic :D

Well i always was in to rc , from when i was a little kidd untill my last hormann ht2 2 years ago . I never had continuously rc started with toy electric cars few years nothing then nitro started cheap and ended with a competition serpent , stopt cos work , beer , girls and more beer , you know . After i settled down with (now) my wife with a good job and a nice house i thought it was time for a new hobby and rc was a obvious choice . I started with a fg marder and found out fast that 30+ pounds and plastic dont go well at 50-60 mh , so bought a fully tuned/upgrade hormann ht2 and had some good times with it . But the problem here in Holland is that the population is 17 million people in a country thats about 240 times smaller then canada , so every time i was driving somewhere the police or ppl from the neighborhood came by , and not to bring coffee :( . As you probably already know big scale is a expensive hobby and i lost my job a few months later and had enough from all the complaining so i sold it all . So about 3 weeks ago i was youtubing around and i followed this guy already for a while : Headquake137 - YouTube , he is making great vids from his home made WOODEN scalers . After the vid was ended you always can choose another video to see and i liked a vid from a dude that was scaling through the forest with a bunch of his friend . Then seen another vid and another , thought lets see whats on this dudes channel and if he has more . Well he did loll i was thinking this guy medic must be mental and doing rc 24/7 . So i started to see more vids , it was on a saturday and after 6 or 8 hours watching my wife said "well i know what you going to ask santa" loll i think she's right hahaha . I have seen now (i think) all the videos and i must say that ur not mental but just a lucky guy full of passion for a great hobby . So i signed up a few days ago and going to pick up rc again , now electric so no noise complaining anymore hahaha . Now see to get more people here in this hobby cos it isnt that popular as at ur country . At least now i have a nice birthday gives idea for my friends at 2014 probably will be a 1:8 scale winch or a 55 turn motor Loll .
    So yeah mabey not rc sparks but for sure rc adventures has made a change in me to pick up this great hobby again , thanks for that :haveaniceday: .

Oww supid i totaly forgot , still congratulations for you and jem with maurice , seen you already have to learn him how to shave so that goes all well :D

Keep up the good work , greetz Ronnie

#33 MOBY, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  14. Seamus_RBNW

Seamus_RBNW RudeBoyz NorthWest
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    So I read through some of the responses here and I must say that I am shocked at how many of you are like me, hurt in a bad way (medically) and rekindling your youths... I was not expecting nearly that many of you...

Ive said before how I learned about and joined this group, but I haven't elaborated on its actual impact in my life...

I stopped watching the idiot box about 4 years ago because of the news/ general lack of morals/ etc... I have had issues with my exwife and chasing her around for years attempting to get rights with my daughter... almost 17 now and I last was able to see her when she was 6... I lost my house in Indiana in a fire in 2007 and became homeless with a baby... I had to send my son to Boston to his Mama's family (anti new england sports teams, I was NOT welcome there), and I eventually returned to WA, my home state... I have seen my son for 2 weeks out of the last 6 years... depressed doesn't even begin to cover that... Thankfully I have 1 child in this area I get to see regularly, and 2 stepkids from my new marriage (high school sweetheart that never knew about me)

I used to do alot of swordfighting ala Dagorhir.com - Welcome to Dagorhir Battle Games was a major player in it, knighted, blah blah blah, could run circles around 16 year old kids while legally whipping them like govt mules... felll hard once, damaged my knee, was never right again...

I have just been through a bad dui case where the drunk's lawyer decided that since I wasn't capable of working, and I was homeless at the time of the accident, I can total my entire life with the value of my destroyed truck... oh wait, 800$ is much less than my truck was worth... not to mention it was my home, and the accident caused me to lose any means on getting income, as well as mangling my other knee and back, making me unable to work... I ended up with my settlement going to child support... speaking of... its building up and my wife pays it, supports me and my failing health (going from your entire existence relying on your physical strength, stamina and ability to being barely able to get out of bed really effects your overall condition)

again... depressed doesn't even begin to cover the few attempts I made at my own life...
    If it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger, right?
    When life hands you lemons, you make lemonade, right?
    what do you do when life slices you up with a straight razor and pours lemon juice in the wounds?
    Give the SoB the finger, tell him to get bent, pick yourself up and keep going, that's what you do

I almost took that chance away from myself...

Needless to say I looked around alot and saw alot of rc places and videos once I decided to get back into the hobby, but RCSparks and Medic (sorry bro I have to call you out) was the only place I saw informative stuff, but also saw family, not blood mind you, but family nonetheless, I have yelled at morons on youtube for thinking it was about them, and to enjoy the fun, and companionship these folks are showing us... eventually I signed up here and have received more of a welcome than anywhere else in life, so yes, my life has changed, I see the RC Addicts out there having and doing what I have wanted my whole life, family togetherness, again, family is NOT just blood... My own friends and family have seen a change in my outlook on stuff, just in the last few months since I first found you all. They are wanting to be involved, and our Christmas this year is already being filled with LiPO, Tx/Rx, Nimh, Kyosho, Mad Bull, and other such awesomeness...

One of the few things my wife and I do that I can say in this family friendly forum is that we watch medic and jem, and talk about when we will be doing that, and the times yet to be spent together..............

OK, yes RCSparks has changed/ inspired me, but so have Medic, Jem, Rude Boyz Joe, Crawler Ted, I don't know all the guys who are here, but all of you have changed my world... The rest of you Addicts have to, by showing me just how far our *chosen* family can reach... I will be coming to one of your STC's hopefully sooner rather than later...

Seamus / aka. Jimi

Sorry about the wording and such, I get quite teary eyed when I think about my kids

#34 Seamus_RBNW, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  15. MaGiC rC

MaGiC rC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

two words
    hell yea!

16. Nitro_Shane

Nitro_Shane New Member

Rcsparks changed my whole point of view with hobbies! I honestly thought that rc cars where simple and cheap but then on here ive found out that rc cars are just more than a hobby, It's a commitment and can be an expensive commitment. Thank you rcsparks :)

17. JAYDEN1999

JAYDEN1999 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Ever since I saw your first video I never looked at a dirt track the same way!

Love your work

After watching your first video I have started putting up my own youtube videos

Thanks MEDiC

18. mypuppers

mypuppers Member

hey medic. i have been an rc addict since the age of 16 , in 1987. now 42 yrs old and i still love it. never knew any one into rc like myself , no clubs, always rc'in on my own. no one to just chat rc talk to . rcsparks introduced me to so many more great people ! all the info i have picked up and friends from all walks of life. medic you have given me the most awesome place to hang out and the greatest friends anyone could ever ask for. thanks just doesn't seem to say it.

19. Giggawattz

Giggawattz Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

20. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator
    Staff Member ADMiNiSTRAToR SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    But it does MyPuppers, it does :~) Awesome