1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HEAVY DUTY OVERKILL Overhaul!!!!

Discussion in 'Scale Build Projects' started by RCEngineer, Jan 13, 2013.

1. EvaderKMP

EvaderKMP Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Yeah except it's not waterproofed...

Remember Dave Jr said for example if you wanted to get at the smoker, you'd pretty much have to rip everything else out!

That mess is certainly wayyyy beyond my simple hands!

Congrats RCSparks team on the first successful running video debut of HD Overkill!
    :thumbup:

2. lout

lout Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    The bog would probably see that thing coming and go and hide behind Chuck Norris! :)

3. superDave

superDave RCSparks Team Mechanic
    ELiTE MEMBER

It has 2 on the winch already :)

4. uk jonny

uk jonny Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Excellent work DJ, Dave and Grampa Marvin. Just a thought Medic when the snows all melted and gone and the blower isn't in use just for laughs and giggles you should make a video where you put fruit and veg through the snow blower that would be funny and you might get some nice smoothies out of it and a mess as well :secret laugh:

#464 uk jonny, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  5. Pleistarchos

Pleistarchos New Member

I already left a comment on the youtube video , but i feel that because of the epicness of this project i must leave a comment on the forums also!!! I freaking love this truck!!! Now to leave a suggestion!! :) Medic you must put a truck deck on this bad boy!!! With some ramps!!! And drop a winch at the front of it for support!!! This is a must! Would look sick to have a truck on its back, while towing a trailer and truck! With a blower!!! omggg haha

6. rev600xp

rev600xp New Member

medic don't blow a motor my friend u will be in trouble

7. Goblintinker

Goblintinker Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

TWIN Power stick mount system w/ gearbox EPS100
    Due to the mass of the snow and the vibration issues I have a few suggestions for you guys if you don't mind. Since it is kinda like a prop on a plane you will either need to stablize the front of the squirrel cage and or try to balance the thing. A stabilizer is the easiest run support cross members started from the halfway point of the blade and then at least 2 more coming down in a V bringing them down to the center then make a mount for a bearing. Extend the main shaft out to the front bearing (may need to add two or three thin blade like supports to the front of the cage down to the main shaft). And if the over heating is still an issue you might also try a larger version of this

TWIN Power stick mount system w/ gearbox EPS100

8. superDave

superDave RCSparks Team Mechanic
    ELiTE MEMBER

that sounds good will try that. thanks

9. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator
    Staff Member ADMiNiSTRAToR SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    Today I started to really dig into PROJECT HD OVERKiLL.. in light of how Amazing this truck is.. Ive added the name "THE JUGGERNAUT".

Check this out..

RC ADVENTURES - PROJECT: HD OVERKiLL - THE JUGGERNAUT - SMOKER Work - 6WD, 5 ESC, 4 412 Roc Motors - YouTube

Here you can see below that there is smoke coming from under the hood.

[​IMG]

My goal was to open up the porting system and re-route the smoke coming from the fan in the smoke maker. So.. I attempted many things.. and Space is TiGHHHHHHT under that Semi Truck Hood! DJ did SUCH a good job in fitting what he could in there, and I can certainly see limitations. BUT, I was determined.. and was in the Big City. Lot's of resources here. So.. I decided to go with a Clear Tube and Brass Fitting Design. Heres what I came up with!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

By the time this Project is another YEAR in.. its going to be OFF THE HOOOOOK!

You will see more on this smoker system in the NEXT Episode!

10. W1ck3d0n3

W1ck3d0n3 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

The Juggernaut perfect name. My son went nuts when he saw the video and know he keeps saying he hast to have one. What am I to do I don't have 6k for one. grrrrrrrrrrrr blaaaa wellllllll maybeeeee I can build one naaawww don't have the time nor money.

We ride mudgrips on every thang camouflage on every thang redneck on every thang.

#470 W1ck3d0n3, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  11. uk jonny

uk jonny Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Great build looks fantastic can't wait to see it on the trails.

Just a suggestion if you switch out the 'T' piece for a 'Y' piece (so the pipes miss the speaker) and chop a little of the aluminium plate that the speaker is sitting on you would be able to get the down pipes further back so they line up with the stacks tidying the look up a little.

12. TylerPienta

TylerPienta Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Medic, you should have made it so the 1/8th scale motor was on the third axel, and then one set of dual motors for the second and first axel.
    Mind blowing amount of torque.
    Then you could have done the same thing with the two rear axels and had the blower powered by a half shaft coming out of the front diff

13. TylerPienta

ELiTE MEMBER

You should try and combine the robotic arm with the mower deck to get this![​IMG]

14. mickyd213

mickyd213 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I think even Chuck Norris would see the Juggernaut coming and hide... ;)

15. mickyd213

ELiTE MEMBER

Do you have a close up shot of the snatch blocks?

16. TylerPienta

ELiTE MEMBER

Their on rc4wd.com

17. dirtjumper12

dirtjumper12 New Member

I think a flatbed then a crain to lift his rcs on to his trailer

18. mickyd213

ELiTE MEMBER

Oops... I should have been a bit more specific... lol. I'd like to see how they have the snatch block set up to the plough and the the snow blower... 2 snatch blocks will reduce the load by 1/4... (10lb effectively becomes 2.5lb) The actual pulling speed is reduced as a result but still the mechanical advantage you get is worth it...

19. RCDC

RCDC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hey Aaron, just had a thought (yes it hurt... Lol). Is it not possible to free up 1 channel by hooking up all the steering servos to the right stick? Just reversing the polarity on the back two so when you push right, the front tracks turn right and the back 4 tracks would turn left? I'm still a noob in the hobby, but it seems logical to me. Would make controlling the Juggernaut a lot easier.

20. mickyd213

ELiTE MEMBER

You could have 6 wheel steer off one channel but then you would lose the ability to crab. I'm sure there are other advantages but that is the first one that comes to mind.