1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello everyone from Winkler MB

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by TeamJammy, Jun 12, 2013.

1. TeamJammy

TeamJammy New Member

Hi everyone my name is Jack, i moved from New Zealand in early feb this year to Winkler MB Canada. Why would i go from New Zealand to winkler you ask... for my wife =].
    i started watching djmedic's rc adventure series and boy that looked like alot of fun, not only that it seems like his wife enjoys it too so i figured hey! me and my wife could do that too as a way of spending some time together out doors.

about 2 days ago i went to the nearest hobby store and picked up 2 scx10 dingo kits and a hitec x1 charger? not sure

the last RC i had was a ta03f with a 1200 nimh battery that lasted 5mins with a old analog speed control. so im completely new to how the RC world is today.

and im sure i would have alot of questions to ask yet, im quite stuck on the electronics side of things.

2. firefighter3

firefighter3 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hello Jack and welcome to RCSparks. Glad to have you with us and you are part of an ever growing family.You and your wife are gonna have a great time here.If you need advice just ask and we will be there for ya.See you on the forum's.:)

3. prophet

prophet Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Hello and welcome to the forums Jack! Great to have you here with us on the RC Sparks forums! The scx-10 is a great rig, and it's fantastic that you and your wife like to go out together and RC. If your after longer run times then get batteries with higher Mah ratings. an scx that's stock with a 5000 mah Nimh battery will give you over an hour of run time. There's heaps of friendly knowledgeable people here on the forums that can help you out with any questions and queries you may have! Enjoy the boards mate! :)

4. Ballistic

Ballistic ND RC Junkie
    ELiTE MEMBER

Welcome to RCSparks Jack. This is a great site with great people to help out. Enjoy

5. TeamJammy

TeamJammy New Member

thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

only reason i brought the 2 scx10 dingo kits because it came highly recommended by everyone on this forum. =]
    i do have a few questions about esc + motor combos. i think i have the servo and radio + transmitter down.... unless something else is better for the same price range..

6. RCDC

RCDC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Welcome to the RCSparks family jack. As you've found out this is the best place for help and advice on your RC addiction. It's really cool that you and the wife do this together. My girlfriend and I do the same thing. We both love taking the trucks for walks, it's a great way to get out of the house and spend time together. So, again, welcome aboard and enjoy your stay

7. rowdy3128

rowdy3128 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I've been into RCs from the 1980s,ESCs and boats are new to me........but have'n lot O fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. dna4engr

dna4engr Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hey jack. Welcome to rcsparks. The scx10 rigs are a great way to get back into rc. You are going to be amazed at run times these days. With the right setup you may get 1-1.5 hrs on a single charge.

Dna

9. selightfritz

selightfritz Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Welcome to the forum, ask lots of questions, share what you learn, and have fun!!!!!
    Now I want to ask you a question, How did you find a wife who is into RC?????????????? mine looks at it as a way to get me out of the house and her hair.....lol

10. TeamJammy

TeamJammy New Member

shes not into RC.. well maybe she enjoys playing with the nephews RCs. its more of a compromise i guess. she wants me to go outside more with her like road trips going for hikes etc.. and well hiking isnt on the top of the list of things i enjoy. after watching medics videos i pitched to her the idea of going for hikes and bush walks with RCs that way shes doing something she enjoys with me and i get to do something i enjoy with her at the same time. and she was willing enough to give it a try =]. and also i have been very very nice to her lately (let her go on a shopping spree in IKEA) so because of her spendings shes more lenient on letting me spend some money lol.

also she has more interest in having a RC drift car than scalers but i didnt see the point in buying RC drifters as where we are currently living is all gravel roads and farm land. she would simply have no place to use it.

11. prophet

prophet Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    well at least it is a mutual compromise and you both get to do something you both enjoy. :)

12. RcCrawlerKing

RcCrawlerKing Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Hey Jack welcome to the forum buddy! I'm glad you joined and I have a suggestion to what controller you may like to buy for you Dingo KIT's. I would recommend the DX3C from Spectrum, its a great controller for scaling applications because it doesn't have great range but other than that, for it price it is a great controller. Later on when you want to run a winch on your truck you can use this controller because it has a 3ch switch! I really hope you are enjoying the forum, see you around this amazing place!

13. TeamJammy

TeamJammy New Member

to - doguss55

and maybe with all the hiking that's coming up i might even loose some weight around the middle - another benefit =]

to - RcCrawlerKing

i just ordered 2 fly sky GT3c this morning and the 2 way switch was the only thing that bugged me on that radio =[ although it was 50 dollars cheaper than the DX3
    ill keep the DX3 in mind though it is cheaper than alot of the radios out there. ill get them when i get around to getting a drift set up for my wife and I. - maybe by then the DX3s will be obsolete enough to be even cheaper =D