1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Salt Lake City

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by WallacEngineering, Jan 24, 2018.

1. WallacEngineering

Media:
    Hey guys, my name is Josh. I have been a huge fan of Medic and RC Sparks since around 2012. I kinda forgot to join the forums all those years ago, probably because I am also a member of RC-Tech forums and in 2015 I dropped out of the hobby for a few years after my Gen 1 Tekin RX8 caught fire and burnt my entire Serpent Cobra E-Truggy to the ground, costing me over $1000 total.

I am just now returning to the hobby. After doing dozens of hours of technical research over several days, I came across information that explained a few possible causes of the fire. One of the big things I learned is that discharge ratings (C) on Lithium-Polymer batteries are completely exaggerated and incorrect, among other things. My first thread will be in the ESCs and Wiring section, explaining my findings. The tread will be linked in this thread when it is finished.

I work with adult boys who have Autism, I enjoy my work greatly but am planning on moving to Seattle soon and I cannot tell you how much I will miss them. Trust me, you grow very attached.

I am an avid 1/8th scale enthusiast. 1/10 scale vehicles never seem to perform well enough for me on the terrain I face, and 1/5th scale vehicles are far too expensive, large, and heavy. I am looking forward to building a new 1/8th E-Truggy. I am fairly certain that the XRay XT8-E is my best option, but I am open to suggestions, and the Losi 8ight-T E 3.0 does look very enticing. I may also buy my first ever 1/10th scale RC as I would like a nice crawler to take with me on hikes, such as an Axial RR10 Bomber, or something similar.

EDIT: The thread has been created: https://www.rcsparks.com/forum/thre...afety-tutorial-mega-thread.43380/#post-413549

#1 WallacEngineering, Jan 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    DodgeZippy likes this.
  2. Polaris425

Polaris425 Moderator
    MODERATOR ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Welcome!!!

DodgeZippy likes this.
  3. DodgeZippy

DodgeZippy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Welcome to the online family of RC junkies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. WallacEngineering

Media:
    Thanks guys! Im sorry that my amperage thread still isnt fully completed. For some reason the second half of the tutorial is still awaiting moderation.

5. WallacEngineering

Media:
    Got the post sorted out, just decided to copy-paste to a new post. Was still stuck on moderation lol