1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Twin Falls, Idaho USA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Alex Payne, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Alex Payne

Alex Payne New Member

Media:
    Saw this thread so figured I would do as it stated and introduce myself. My name is Alex Payne. I have 5 awesome kids (4 live with me). I got into RC at a young age, and in High School did my first RC build (without ESC, motor, or radio system). After HS life happened and haven't done much with it. Shortly after my wife and I got married I was able to locate my box that my RC was in and finished it. Drove it and loved every minute of it, then the bulkhead broke. It's an early 90's Losi chassis so getting parts is tough. Was able to locate one and repaired. Drove it, but then life happened again and it's been parked. Now I need to locate it again. About 2.5 months ago I came across this really cool YouTube channel dealing with RCs and having fun. What channel you ask, none other than RC Sparks. My excitement for RC came back full swing and I'm going to get my 3 older kids that live at home into the hobby as well. They are excited. I'm also looking at opening an RC shop and track arena (offering 5-6 different track setups) here in Twin Falls. The 5 tracks I am for sure going to offer are carpet/paved, dirt/off-road, rock climb, water (for boats), and drag strip. Believe it or not it was my wife's idea to build the RC center.
    I should go ahead and close here, but before I do a want to thank Medic, Krazy Joe, S. Steve. Rookie, and everyone else that has appeared on RC Sparks YouTube channel for bringing back my joy and excitement of RCing. Being an Amateur Radio operator, and many other talents as well, I have some seriously large ideas to build.

Thanks
    Alex

Bluedually likes this.
  2. walter

walter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

welcome to the forums

3. Bluedually

Bluedually Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hey I live in the same town. Welcome to the forum.

4. Alex Payne

Alex Payne New Member

Media:
    Wow that's seriously cool. I'm working on a major project and I hope it will be awesome. I'm on the south side of town.

Bluedually likes this.
  5. crowTrobot

crowTrobot New Member

I like twin falls too
    Especially when we beat you guys in football