1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help for an On-Road Drift/Drag setup

Discussion in 'ON Road Build Projects' started by Verizino, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Verizino

Verizino Member

Hi guys!
    So it's been just over 3 years in the hobby now and my Volition is packing some serious punch now. I got the truck cos I knew it would take a battering and an on road car couldn't have survived this long. Now that I'm more experience with the hobby, I'm planning on building a on road drift/drag machine. I'm still a student so it'll need to be on a budget but currently I'm looking through chassis choices and these are the two I found...
    http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/...MIq47q1rSB1gIVF-AbCh3wzAflEAkYASABEgJJL_D_BwE
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/3916...=1006524&device=c&campaignid=207297426&crdt=0
    I cant really afford something on the Sakuras level, but I'm not sure how good the Reely chassis is going to be for me.
    The key thing I really want the system to do is to be able to hit 60+ mph range with the possibility of hitting the big 100, so it looks like a Castle system is what I'm going with for that.
    Any other parts that you guys could recommend?
    Thanks in advance ! :Grin:

2. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Are you looking for a dedicated touring car, dedicated drift car or a hybrid? It's important because you can't hit crazy top speeds with a drift setup.

3. Verizino

Verizino Member

Hybrid system, I wouldnt be doing any track racing other thanstraight line runs against mates, for which id like to just adjust the suspension and stick on some new rubber.

4. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I suggest to save up and get a chassis with good reviews and parts availability. This will be beneficial in the long run.