1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! i have a clicking noise

Discussion in 'Short Course' started by ThatSc10Guy, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

AHHHHH!!!! LOL!!!! there ya go!!!!! something simple!!!! LOL!!!
    no need to feel dumb dude!! now you know!!! we all know now!! we all learnt something, so thats a good thing.

great to hear it was only something simple dude.

ummmm needle nose pliers????

2. ThatSc10Guy

ThatSc10Guy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

yea i got it replaced and tryed it again and that stupid noise was still there so i lubed the bearing in the rear hub and it still did it... its really starting to annoy me.. hey Greenie how do you check the slipper clutch

3. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

well, i set my tension, by sitting the SCT on the ground, slipper fairly lose, and tighten it up bit by bit, and while holding the back of the truck to the ground, accel forward till it starts to lift the front up, but with the slipper still slipping. the test the setting with some full throttle starts, making sure the is a nice balance between wheel spin and slipper slip. everyone, prefers a slightly different setting on their clutch.

when the slipper is on the way out, there is normally little grip left, and the car has a very hard time taking off from a standing start, just slips on the clutch, often with a audible squeal from the pads, even a jerky start.

4. ThatSc10Guy

ELiTE MEMBER

ok thanks i read some more on my tuck and apparently its a common thing to happen when you rebuild the diff(which i did) that you need to add more spacers.. or in my case actually add some so now i just need to go to the hobby store after school and pick up the parts and hopefully fix the problem

5. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

ahh right!!! so the diff needs to be Shimmed out more to make it mesh with the diff pinion!!! right right right!!!! something i know of, but would never of guessed. I run HPI and my mates run AE, so i have heard of the problem, but i dont get that problem on the Blitz.

great bit of research on your behalf dude!!!! I LOVE learning something new about these cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. ThatSc10Guy

ELiTE MEMBER

yea i love learning new things about the car but ive had it for like three years and no problems then like the past month i havent been able to get one battery pack through it without something going wrong... so thanks Drzoo2 and Greenie you guys are a wealth of knowledge... I LOVE THIS FORUM

7. ThatSc10Guy

ELiTE MEMBER

I'll try to get a running video of it when i get it fixed again