1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OTHER [Help] Is it possible to build a drone like this?

Discussion in 'RC Chat, Tutorials, Ideas, Requests, Etc' started by Jsp, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Jsp

Jsp New Member

The website i'm using is Gearbest.

Due to crazy laws in finland, what ever i'm ordering cannot exceed 22 euros. (24.91467 U.S. dollars)
    That price also includes shipping.. Thankfully shipping in china is mostly free.

So i'm basically building the frame of the drone out of lego + nuts and bolts to keep it in place.

What do i need?
    - 4 Motors
    - 4 Motor blades
    - Flight controller
    - Battery
    - Controller
    - Maybe camera?

I can order each component separately to loophole around the law of 22 euros.
    (If the order is 22,01 euros, the item will be seized by toll customs and i need to pay extra fees in taxes and fill out massive amounts of paperwork..)

First, is it possible to do this? If so, which parts should i pick? The frame is made out of lego technic parts so it's not as light as carbon fiber but close..

I have no experience of drones or RC aviation so i have no idea what motors or what specs to go for..
    Help!

2. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    gearbest and bangood are the best bets. price check between them. the answers to your question totally depends on what you want to do with this drone. the hard part will be getting a controller and fpv goggles if your looking to fpv.
    add a frame to your list along with batteries.
    you should be able to find just about any size frame starting in your price range. i got a 500mm frame that fit 12" props for $17 cad.
    hands down best be is to buy a kit ready to go and just pay up sadly.

3. Jsp

Jsp New Member

I already have a frame. I just need everything else.. FPV will probably cost too much so i'd rather have it as a indoor/backyard toy..

This is where i got the idea:

I wont use it as a speed thing.. I'd rather have it being slow and easy to control in tight small spaces.. But it still should have enough thrust so i could add a small crane in it and lift small objects..

4. Jsp

Jsp New Member

Nobody can recommend me the components which to go for?