1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HemiStorm's Gelande build

Discussion in 'Scale Build Projects' started by HemiStorm, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Marius73

Marius73 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hei! HemiStorm
    Great work, looks like fun.
    I built my gelande this weekend, installing the electronics next. I would like to try out some styrene work on my Gelande body too.

Do you have any good information on what tools/glues/styrene I should get to get started??
    and where to get it from?
    I live in Norway too, just outside Oslo(Haslum,Bærum).

Marius Haugen
    RCNutish

2. n_d_fox

n_d_fox Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Awesome progress so far... you mentioned on your first video for the build that you picked up some scale accessories from an Italian company (i think)... can you share the name here please? i missed it on the video the couple of times i watched it.

Thanks, Nige

3. HemiStorm

HemiStorm CEO/Designer

Been terribly busy, and amazed by the response here! Thank you guys so much for the kind words, this is way easier than it seems, so everyone with a hard body RC that wants to mdoify it, just give it a try and don't let anything hold you back. this is extreme fun!

Hi Marius, for the smaller parts so far I've used green Zap a Gap from Modellers in Sem, Vestfold. It works great, but it doesn't "fuse" the styrene like I want to. Going to try my luck with some Tamiya solvent to weld the styrene to the shell once I will permanently mount the fender extenders and so on.I'm in Halden by the way, and have a great crawling area right outside my home. I think some PMing to arrange a get together with multiple fellow enthusiasts is in order to make sure we have fun this winter!

As for tools, a few sharp blades, good sturdy exacto knife, regular box cutter and a styrene cutter are good to have. Sanding paper in various grits, a good Dremel, and some files will do the rest. Very basic. A heat gun is also handy in case you want to curve parts.

4. HemiStorm

HemiStorm CEO/Designer

Hi Nige, the name of the company is Arches RC, I believe they are fairly new to the market, but the quality on the parts is stunning!

5. HemiStorm

HemiStorm CEO/Designer

On with the build: The Kahn Design Defender is coming along nicely, messing around with styrene is much more fun than I ever thought it would be!

[video=youtube;YeLijSQI374]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeLijSQI374[/video]

6. RobTapps

RobTapps Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

[MENTION=6845]HemiStorm[/MENTION] you are a great insperation man, im subbed on youtube and watch your vids as soon as they come out! the gelande is looking amazing! keep up the good work man!

7. BigMike81

BigMike81 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

You really make it easy to understand and seem attemptable. I might have to play around with it when I get my scx10.

8. MightySilent

MightySilent Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    You do great work man. This rig will look sic when it's done.

9. cydstrange

cydstrange New Member

Great work on the grill, love the personalized accent.

10. HemiStorm

HemiStorm CEO/Designer

A huge thank you to all you guys for the great feedback! :)

Making a custom grille and headlights for your hardbody RC with simple tools? You can! Here is how I made mine.
    [video=youtube;PHMZj_-f5vk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMZj_-f5vk&list=UU60afS-Zur_BNoUo38k6EWg[/video]

11. sebby

sebby Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

the truck looks great! -love your videos!

12. BigMike81

ELiTE MEMBER

Talk about steady hands, I would have tattooed my fingers working that tiny. Great work, really top notch.

13. HemiStorm

HemiStorm CEO/Designer

Almost ready to lay down some paint on the Kahn Defender!
    [video=youtube;UCe5WF8H5UA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCe5WF8H5UA&feature=c4-overview&list=UU60afS-Zur_BNoUo38k6EWg[/video]

14. RobTapps

ELiTE MEMBER

nice video and build [MENTION=6845]HemiStorm[/MENTION] ! pure talent!!!

15. Seamus_RBNW

Seamus_RBNW RudeBoyz NorthWest
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I just watched the latest video on this thing man, it is a work of art, I am excited to see the final drive vid for this! Talk about a burly @$$ land rover!

16. RobTapps

ELiTE MEMBER

oh yea! i have family in norway :)

17. mlang1321

mlang1321 RIP Dad I'll always love you.
    ELiTE MEMBER

I've followed your work on YouTube and it's amazing. I've now decided to start a build and customize it as I go, watching you has given me the guts to attempt my own scale build. Keep up the amazing building & painting videos I'm loving watching them.

18. HemiStorm

HemiStorm CEO/Designer

A very Merry Christmas to everybody! Here is a Kahn Defender update, I hope you will enjoy it. :)

[video=youtube;FguIgnWNrew]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FguIgnWNrew&feature=c4-overview&list=UU60afS-Zur_BNoUo38k6EWg]The EASIEST & BEST way to cut plastics! - RC4WD Gelande 2 "Kahn" - Styrene Basics 5 - YouTube[/video]

19. BigMike81

ELiTE MEMBER

I have seen floss but never sewing thread, great tip, will try it sometime. Glad to see you are having a great day, I'm always looking forward to see what you got coming next.:XD:

20. CodeRedMD

CodeRedMD Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hey [MENTION=6845]HemiStorm[/MENTION] I commented on your video. It was really cool. I mentioned it before, but I talked about using braided spiderline for cutting plastics. It holds up and cuts like a saw, but leaves a little mark like thread or dental floss. That stuff will cut wood. I've even held it so tight before tring to get a lure back that I cut my hand, thats how tough it is. Just something to look at next time you are thinking on cutting up a plastic body. ;)