1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here is my DHK Hunter Brushed sct

Discussion in 'Short Course' started by Evil_JC, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Evil_JC

Evil_JC New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Already planning upgrades lol.
    First upgrade will be a new lipo battery. The NiMh 7.2v 1800mah is pretty weak for a 4x4 truck. Also looking at getting castle creations brushless system and a slipper clutch.
    Looking at the proline chevy silverado hd body with some proline trencher tires.
    I always welcome ideas if anyone out there has some good upgrade thoughts, or even if you know some obscure parts/bodies that would help to make a great basher.

2. Bubba J

Bubba J Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Have you ran it yet and if so give some review please. I thought about getting one ................:bouaaaaah:
    The price looks right on it ........................

3. Evil_JC

Evil_JC New Member

So far I love it. It has some minor issues. The supplied battery is pretty weak. It doesn't come with any tools. ( no tire wrench or turnbuckle wrench) While not a big deal for seasoned R/Cist, these are big issue for me lol. I haven't had the first mechanical issue with it yet. I have but about ten packs through it so far and its handled like a dream from the get go. Besides the run time i cant really find anything wrong with it. It's pretty durable, my two year old drags it around the house like its a tonka truck and hasn't broken anything yet. That's even after he has landed on it, tripped over hit, sat on it, and even thrown it over the baby gates a few dozen times..... For an entry level tuck/ basher, i think it lives up to it claims with flying colors. I am anxious to get some hop ups and see how it fairs against a slash or sc-10.

4. Bubba J

Bubba J Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Thanks for the insight .......

5. Evil_JC

Evil_JC New Member

anytime!! if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

6. Evil_JC

Evil_JC New Member

Here are some chassis pics for those interested [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. daurskyrim

daurskyrim New Member

Hey just bought my hunter yesturday and after 3 batts i fried the esc and almost the battery it was a onyx 1500 6c. i noticed somethign was wrong when the dang truck was slow thru all batts but yea glad i hade it in my hands when it decided to kill over.

8. Kevlar3D

Kevlar3D New Member

Upgrades

Have you done any upgrades to you Hunter yet? If so, what have you done?
    What batteries can I use to extend runtime?

9. Grifter

Grifter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hey, wondering how your truck is doin. I'm thinking of picking one of these up but would like to know your experience, especially with availability of replacement parts and general durability.

Thanks in advance and any one else with hunter experience feel free to chime in.

10. Y2daT

Y2daT Over Powered RC
    ELiTE MEMBER

I just googled this truck to look at the drive train and found there is a brushless version with a 3970 kv motor . DHK Hunter BL SCT 1/10 4x4 Brushless - No Battery/Charger
    it makes me think the drive train will be up to par for a similar castle brushless setup ..on 2s anyway the sct 3800kv combo would be a nice race legal setup but is capped at 2s ... other combos will allow higher voltages .

11. Grifter

Grifter Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

For the price I really like the look of it. I'm just afraid getting a arms and stuff will suck. There's a notification on all dhk products at Asiatees about how they can't sell dhk stuff in the us because of distribution rights and all the other stores I'm finding parts at are completely unfamiliar to me.

Thin sends up a big red flag and makes me nervous.