1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi-Tec HS 7955TG Glitch Chatter

Discussion in 'Newbe Help' started by Mill Philler, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Mill Philler

Mill Philler Member

Media:
    I have a Hi-Tec HS7955-TG servo that has glitch chatter. I bought a CC BEC, programmed it to 6V with Castle Link, and installed it while removing the center wire from the ESCs internal BEC only to encounter no change in glitch chatter. I tried a couple differant ESCs with and without utilizing their own internal BEC. The same.

My question. Where do I go from here? Is it possible that the cheap fly sky 2.4 RX is causing the problem? I did try an old AM 75Mhz radio system with RX and experienced the same chatter.
    What about the HFP-20 Digital Servo Programer? Is it possible that it could help me?

http://hitecrcd.com/products/servos...fp-20-digital-servo-programmer-tester/product

I then found this bulletin on the Hi-Tec website. If this is what is causing my chattter, I am choked.

"HS-20100520 HS-79XX Series Servo - Minimal Load Jitter
    Applies to HS-7965/7985/7955/7954/7940/7950 servos
    Customers have noticed that these high resolution servos have a tendency to jitter when using 7.4 volt power packs and a minimal load is applied. This is due to the high resolution circuit adjusting for slight position variances in the gear teeth. This usually only occurs with minimal loads, for example, when the plane is on the ground in a static position. Once airborne the servo experiences flying loads and the issue resolves itself and should not impact on the flying experience."

2. Mill Philler

Mill Philler Member

Media:
    Update: I went down to my LHS this morning and discussed the issue and was sent home with a SPM 1600 (glitch buster) Spectrum voltage protector. I tried it with no luck.

3. drzoo2

drzoo2 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    If it was truly a loading issue, you should be able to place your finger on the tire, and with minimal pressure make it stop. Also the bulletin mentions the issue occurs at 7.4v while you programmed it to 6. It may be time to call Hitec.