1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High-End 1/8th Scale FULL ELECTRONICS SETUP!

Discussion in 'Classifieds FOR SALE' started by WallacEngineering, Jan 25, 2018.

1. WallacEngineering

Media:
    UPDATE: PRICE DROP! MOST ITEMS HAVE BEEN SOLD! New free shipping and package deals offered! HD Pictures Uploaded! Custom Plati-Dip waterproof coating removed for cleanliness, can be reapplied before shipment if requested!

For sale is my entire setup for my old 1/8th Scale Serpent Cobra E-Truggy. ALL components have been tested and deemed perfectly functional unless otherwise noted! YouTube video showing testing:

Reasonable Offers Wanted!

INDIVIDUAL ITEMS AND PRICING (Combos Available Further Down):

ESC: HobbyWing XeRun XR8 Plus Competition Brushless - $SOLD
    (Includes HobbyWing Program Box plus cables for computer connectivity)

Motor: Tekin T8 Gen 2 4038 2250Kv 4S Truggy Competition Brushless - $SOLD
    (NEW Rotor - 3 Battery Cycles! 10AWG motor leads included, Brand-New in package ProTek RC sensor cable CAN be included for $5 extra)

Servo: Savox SB-2274-SG Tessmann Edition - $SOLD
    (Combo with Spektrum S6090 Available)

Servo: Spektrum S6090 - $10
    (Damaged rearward mounting bracket, slightly damaged outdrive teeth, but tested and functional)

TX: Spectrum DX4C - $SOLD
    (Combo with 2X SR210 Receivers are available)

RX: Spektrum SR210 - $SOLD
    (2 of these are available, this one is used. Brand new, never installed or bound SR210 is available for $15, Bind Plugs Included)

RX: Spektrum SRS4210 - $GIVEN AWAY to someone who wanted it, worth $70
    (Damaged, partially functioning, throttle channel operates perfectly but steering channel freaks out unless RX is held down on level surface. I thought the issue may be AVC but on transmitter AVC mode is disabled) See YouTube video showing SRS4210 RX issue:

SERPENT E-COBRA TRUGGY SPECIFIC PARTS:

Full, assembled, filled Shock set - $50

Front A-Arm Pair - $6
    (Combo with Rear A-Arm Pair Available, Never Installed)

Rear A-Arm Pair- $6
    (Never Installed)

Spare Green and white Springs - $SOLD
    (One Pair Each, Never Installed)

Lot of 14, 16, 18, 19, and 20T pinion gears - $3 each

25T Aluminum Servo Horn - $3 or FREE with purchase of $50 or more if requested

COMBOS:

T8 Motor + Savox Servo - $SOLD

T8 Motor + Savox Servo + DX4C + (2X) SR210s - $SOLD

Savox Servo + Spektrum Servo - $NOT AVAILABLE

DX4C + (2X) SR210s - $SOLD

Serpent E-Truggy A-Arm Full Set - $10

Serpent E-Truggy ALL Pinion Gears Tuning Special - $10

You can setup a custom combo deal with me VIA PM

SHIPPING COSTS AND DEALS:

FREE shipping to domestic, lower 48 USA states available for purchases of $80 or more

I will pay half of shipping for purchases totaling near $50 or more to lower 48 states

Worldwide purchaser will receive $10 off products totaling $80 or more BUT is responsible for shipping charges.

PICTIRES:

More Pictures Available in my album here: https://www.rctech.net/g/album/9116247

Tekin T8 Truggy Motor + Accessories:
    [​IMG]
    Tekin T8 Truggy Motor:
    [​IMG]
    Savox Tessmann 2274 Servo:
    [​IMG]
    Spektrum S6090 Servo:
    [​IMG]
    Spektrum DX4C TX:
    [​IMG]
    Spektrum SR210 RX (NEW):
    [​IMG]
    Spektrum SR210 RX (USED):
    [​IMG]
    Spektrum SRS4210 RX (DAMAGED):
    [​IMG]
    Serpent Cobra 811E Truggy Specific Parts:
    [​IMG]
    Be sure to PM me or reply to thread if interested, I will respond as soon as I can!

#1 WallacEngineering, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  2. DodgeZippy

DodgeZippy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    How much to throw in the 1/8 truggy ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. WallacEngineering

Media:
    Unfortunately the truggy is dead. Destroyed by extreme bashing. All 3 Diffs were crunchy, A Shock rod bent and broke the oil chamber entirely. Chassis was bent, most of the dogbones were bent and after an RX8 Gen 2 ESC Fire, some of the chassis tub was melted as well. So, I threw the whole thing away. It was far too damaged to be worth repairing.

DodgeZippy likes this.
  4. WallacEngineering

Media:
    I found an old Spektrum S6090 Servo, the programming box for the XR8 Plus ESC, and the higher end Spectrum SRS 4210 AVC Receiver that will be included with their similar products. These items are FREE as they have a few issues:

The Spektrum Servo was installed in my Serpent Cobra Truggy when its RX8 gen 1 ESC caught fire. Thats why there is black sut all over the cables. Also one side of the mounting posts on the servo is snapped but with a washer it installs just fine. I plugged the servo in and tested it, it works fine.

The SRS 4210 receiver was installed in the Losi 8ight-T E-Truggy when its RX8 Gen 2 caught fire. The receiver seems to be damaged in a way I simply cant describe. Throttle channel operates perfectly, but the steering channel freaks out and makes the servo go haywire if you arent holding the receiver down on a level surface.

I thought this could be due to AVC detecting the fact that the receiver is unlevel, but I checked the settings in the TX and AVC mode is disabled. This is a nice receiver so if you can fix it, you just bagged yourself a free $80 receiver!

To give you an idea of how much stuff you are getting for this purchase, here is a picture of everything laid out on my keyboard/mouse desk:

Here is a video showing the SRS4210 receiver issue, it explains better:

DodgeZippy likes this.
  5. DodgeZippy

DodgeZippy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    So you had way to much fun with it ....nice !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. WallacEngineering

Media:
    UPDATE: LiPo batteries are no longer for sale. I just did a thorough test of the health of these batteries and unfortunately they are 3 years old and the IR of the cells is so high on one of the packs that it is no longer suitable for use in this setup. As you can see, the batteries are fine, they are not "poofy" at all, however I just wouldn't feel right selling batteries that might not be able to perform to expectation.

#6 WallacEngineering, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  7. WallacEngineering

Media:
    UPDATE: ESC Sold, prices revised, OP edited to reflect Price Changes