1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hobbyzone Champ/Horizon Hobby

Discussion in 'Pilots Lounge' started by MuskokaRC, Mar 7, 2012.

1. MuskokaRC

MuskokaRC New Member

Well I decided to get a Champ a couple of weeks ago, when I got it home I noticed the wing was damaged from the transmitter. So I call Horizon Hobby and they sent me a new wing and decal sheet, box shows up at the door....only the decal sheet in it. Bummer. So I send Horizon Hobby an email explaining whats happened. They agreed they made a mistake and sent me a whole new kit. WOW! Talk about customer service. I use Spektrum rx/tx's and was considering switching to Futaba, not now! how could I go wrong sticking with a company like this? I just thought I would pass this along, seems we all pay out so much money for our hobby, its nice to get something as a bonus and not have to complain about warranty, etc.
    :)

2. jenkins23

jenkins23 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

thats awsome man that they did that for cause in reality they didnt have to at all so lucky you!!!! its always nice to see a company appreciate there customers cause there prob alot that dont really care if you go back or not cause they know someone else will come along in your place.... but it looks like you found a good rcc company to deal with so ide suggest sticking with them

3. Dribble

Dribble Super Moderator
    Staff Member SUPER MODERATOR

Now that is customer service. Man that is awesome of them to do for sure. I'm waiting on a new wing myself because I broke it taking it off though lol I'm doing a few mods to mine. Your going to enjoy that Champ its a fun little plane for sure.

4. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

:O_O:
    wow!!! thats unheard of these days!!!!
    sweet!!!!!!
    i think i'll go and have a closer look at their site now!!!!!

#4 Greenie, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  5. ForkliftJeff

ForkliftJeff Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

+1 for Horizon Hobby. I just bought a shockwave brushless and right out of the box one of the motor mount screws would not tighten in the hull. I let them know and the are sending me a new hull. Very good customer service there. I will be buying more from horizon thats for sure.

6. ForkliftJeff

ForkliftJeff Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

So its been a year since I got my Shockwave 26 Brushless with the loose motor mount screw. Still no hull. I think I called them 5 different times during the year asking where the hull is and was always told that it was back ordered and to check back in a month or two. In September the guy I talked to said they had 2 in stock and that one would be on the way to me. In December I still had not got it so I called again. They said that they do have two in stock in the computer system but that they were scavenged for parts and labeled unavailable. So then that guy told me that my hull is back ordered till the end of January and to call back then. So I called back today. At this point I am pretty annoyed at how long it has been. Today the guy said he sees my order is back ordered but that that model has been discontinued and that the last shipment they got for parts for that model was in 2011. So he said I have been waiting all this time for a part that was never gonna come. I expressed my disappointment and he apologized for what has happened. He had a talk with his supervisor and said that since I was so patient in waiting so long that he is going to ship me the New Shockwave 26 BL V3. Very cool! So I must say, the whole year and every time I talked or emailed them they were very helpful even if there was some confusion that made it take so long but I feel they completely redeemed themselves by hooking me up with a new boat. So yes, I am still a Horizon Hobby supporter. The best customer service I have ever heard of.