1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROP PLANE Hobbyzone Champ Mods??

Discussion in 'Pilots Lounge' started by UncleFestor, Jan 8, 2012.

1. UncleFestor

UncleFestor New Member

Ok well im getting way to good with my Champ. Flips, Rolls and flying upside down is getting boring.
    :haveaniceday:

So has anyone done any mods to theres?
    Can ya tell me about any cool upgrades?
    Also is there a faster engine?

So let me know what ya guys come up with. Would love to know.
    :D

2. verticalsprk

verticalsprk Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Ok, I love the Champ! I started with the j-3 which had a much smaller and weaker motor than the champ as well as being a little smaller. So the champ was a huge upgrade!

But here comes the bad news. There is really nothing you can do to it to make it "more fun". The motor is the largest you can put in it and its not exactly made for aerobatics despite being able to do some moves. I have seen people put flaps on them but generally it makes the plane so heavy it sucks up more juice than it needs to without any real noticeable effects.

But the good news is that you could always try for a larger battery to extend the flight time. I enjoyed flying the j-3 around the parking lot for 25-30min on one battery at half throttle in the middle of the night. If you really wanna try something fun, put some lights on it to fly at dusk/night. TinyBriteLights make an awesome kit that I have put on every micro that I have had and I love them. Here is a link to the kit you need for the champ.

The Champ is a great plane to learn on and play with when you want to get back to just flying. But to me it sounds like its time for a new plane that takes a little more skill and practice.

Adam

3. Beastmanh

Beastmanh <b>1!NUX_RUl3$</b>
    ELiTE MEMBER

+1 verticalsprk Sounds like you are ready to step up to an aerobatic plane.

4. Beastmanh

Beastmanh <b>1!NUX_RUl3$</b>
    ELiTE MEMBER

OR, you can always finish the salvage plane you were working on before! That would be a great step up from the champ :)

5. Tinker_Terry

Tinker_Terry New Member

Rolls?????

How do you manage to do rolls and inverted flight without ailerons?