1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you Discover RCSparks ?!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RCSparks, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Z-Ryan

Z-Ryan New Member

Well i had a micro helli. V911 and was playing round with that but then i wanted sonething i could have more fun with like out woods and wat not so i happened to stumble across this traxxas summit this kid was selling. So i looked up how much they were worth and then seen wat he wanted for it and was a no brainer and as being a BIG KID i cant have my truck stock so went on you tube to try get ideas and see how can customize it because lets be real no one wants something same as aother so like i said browesing around on youtube and there it was tTHE REAPER wow watched that vid and then it was a wrap started wstching all ur videos. For inseration and pure enjoyment then i found the forum threw there. Keep up the awesome work man. Fellow rc addict. Z-ryan

2. Pingu

Pingu New Member

I got hooked through my Coworker that knows Medic through the Calgary DJ scene. I have been looking for a new hobby after nearing killing myself in a mountain bike fall requiring a a medic vac from the back country. Ended with a nice operation, stint in the hospital and last summer ruined. Especially when I could no longer lift my 6 month old baby bay! I had my accident on Fathers day too!!!. Still into mountain biking but the fear is going to be there for sometime.

Anyhoo, after my mate Jeff mentioned Medic and saw him on the news I checked out website. I was well impressed with the top Gear truck etc!

I had always wanted to go 4 x 4 driving but with it costing so much and breaking parts etc it wasn't going to be an option. So I thought why don't I get an rc rigs for trailing / scaling. So on boxing day I headed to PM and got myself an SCX10 Rubicon. Having so much fun. So thanks Medic! :graffiti:

Oh, on a side note Medic have you ever crashed a plane into the side of a house?? Just wondering as it's my house by the central park in NB. I know you film out that way in the building site across from my house. Anyway, if you are the culprit and have the footage............. I'd love for you to share it! P.s. there's no damage to the house, just the prop sticking out the soffit! :haveaniceday:

3. b1uefox

b1uefox Bending to Beats
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Hey Medic,

I believe I told this story to you before but now there is a thread for it...I was in Afghanistan and I was the searching my slow as crap satellite internet for some funny videos to use against my wing man from Tallahassee. I was the IT/Network guy so if I wasn't flying missions, I was monitoring the net and killing brain cells while roomy was crashed out. I was Googling some full-scale red-neck mud boggin' good times videos, (was laughing my ass off in disbelief), and I came across the wicked trail crawling videos. They looked insane. I must have been tired because it took about 10 minutes for me to realize these were RC. Or Medics attention to detail was so overwhelming it trumped a scout pilot. Either way, freaking awesome. I had the sound going through my beats headphones which were not on at the time...so I couldn't here the tiny whining of electric motors right away. Anyhow, I loved it, and that is what brought back to the RC world after about 10 year hiatus. Thanks Medic for bringing me back to a hobby I loved so much.

*side note* in 2003 my wife bought me an RC Toyota 4Runner for a house warming gift to romp in our new backyard....seed planted. I think she got me into this hobby in the beginning.

Nuff said.
    :XD:

4. GeirAndersen

GeirAndersen Geek and RC enthusiast
    ELiTE MEMBER

Let's see.. I'm a newly registered member and have already spent hours 'n hours on this site, enjoying every minute.
    I usually (like I am right now) have the forum on one screen and YouTube with Medic's videos on another.

I posted a rather long and explaining post in my Introduce yourself thread: Post 7 in the thread
    That post was written only about two days ago (in the middle of the night, Norwegian time) and I have even more to add.

Recap;
    Found an old "RC" car (I used " because I don't really like to call it real RC as the Tx and Rx were garbage).
    Played around with it for a short time before getting an urge to make it better.
    Went to my oracle (YouTube) did a bit of searching and foundt RC Adventures.
    Watched quite a few of them before Medic said in the end:
    "Go check out RCSparks.com have a look in the forums. No REALLY; Go check it out!" And so I did :)
    I rummaged through my stuff and dug out my old Futaba T4EXA with a receiver and a few servos.
    Dismantled the car and pulled the electronics, then installed a receiver with an old 2S lipo.
    Searched my area on a site sort of like CraigsList, and bought a set of three old parts cars, all nitro.
    Struggled with the steering but landed on a Hitec HS-50 Feather servo and home made steering linkages made from piano wire.
    It's running with the stock motor and gearbox and I have good speed, even though I'm driving inside.

A few days later I went to my lhs and bought a Futaba Megatech 3PL 2.4 GHz set with the R2104GF receiver and a 2S 1250mAh
    Installed it as I got home (this was Thursday btw) and have since driven that thing around my living room A LOT!

Guess what??
    I'm going back to my lhs tomorrow and I'm getting more stuff.
    This time I'm buying an RTR 2wd (which is the best car within my current budget) to have some fun with. Going to try it out in the snow and then I'm thinking of taking it inside to have a good look at it to decide what to upgrade (other than the motor of course).

#404 GeirAndersen, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  5. sk8sesh44

sk8sesh44 New Member

I seen u on YouTube.

6. Rik

Rik New Member

youtube typed in rc and rc adventures poped up n i started watching and subcribed soon after. i love you videos good job on all of them.

7. outcastct

outcastct Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

stumbled across videos an you tube,wondered what bit was and was hooked.got me started into crawlers and trail rigs.after some research,and what someone said,believe it was ted,it's cheaper than tearing up my big truck and just as fun.was into airplanes years ago,just didn't do it for me.this is far more fun.

8. 91300zx

91300zx New Member

RC adventures on YouTube ofcourse. Glad I came across those videos which lead me here

9. RC_Foobar

RC_Foobar New Member

While trying to figure out what RC car I'd buy after a 20-year break in the hobby, I ran across DJ Medic's HPI Savage Flux HP review video, and it stuck in my mind and wouldn't let go. It would have been via some YouTube search.

So that's how I found DJ Medic and RC Sparks and why I bought a Savage Flux HP to start. I've got other cars, too, but HPI's Savage - and its Super 5SC Flux "derivative" - that is mostest awesomest so far.

10. REECE_RC.093

REECE_RC.093 New Member

Well I saw some one with a nitro rc and I realy wanted one so I went on YouTube and saw skatepark pain it was sick so I subscribed to medics Chanel and went to my LHS when it was there and got a hsp rc car for £150.00 and I still have the same rc and im hoping to get a wrath or a scx10 some time soon if I'm lucky :):)

11. jackstrap

jackstrap New Member

Media:
    Rc adventures

I discovered RCSparks on Youtube with the RC ADVENTURES when I watched some RC's videos.

12. c4oom

c4oom New Member

I was researching my build for my duel motor 2 speed scx10 and ran into project over kill.

13. torment1x

torment1x New Member

A friend told me to look at rc vids on YouTube came across medics channel and the rest is history.

14. GJLewis

GJLewis New Member

Starting out RC'ing, and knowing nothing I was out with my rs10 and having a blast, I must have picked a bad line? down the hill I went right into the water. yup, fried. I ordered another esc but to play it safe I wanted to learn. I typed in waterproofing an rc or something like that and there was the video we've all seen. waterproof the on/off switch? what on/off switch! nice! I learn alot here. So much for a quick reply.

15. Venom-Hilux

Venom-Hilux Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

YouTube. I was watching videos on scx10's trying to decide on a dingo or honcho and found pinky and the beast videos .. and after hours of watching I bought my dingo and started to post my own videos .

16. Mogaley

Mogaley New Member

i bought a wraith , and tried to find videos of it on youtube .. i seen one of your videos and watched about 12 that night .. haha . been watching ever since ! :sparkswraith:

17. Tmoon

Tmoon Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I bought a tmaxx. I broke said tmaxx due to a run off. Looked for a video on how to fix it. same across RC Adventures! watched every video I could before passing out each night. been up to date since then. its an addiction! now I have a wraith and an SCX10 and a few quadcopters.

18. 2motor

2motor New Member

4 My friend told me about RcSparks. i love the channel!

19. Antho11

Antho11 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I found out about it on YouTube and had questions and that's how I joined.

20. Hitman

Hitman New Member

i found you guys on youtube and wanted to get some tips on takeing batter care of two trucks thats why i joined this site and it helps me out alot thanks for all the help so far guys