1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to build track

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by jkrswld52, Apr 21, 2017.

1. jkrswld52

jkrswld52 New Member

Hey guy. I have a bar up the road from me to build a track on there old volleyball courts. What type of dirt would be good to with the sand for a good base or should I just build track with the sand? Thank you for any help given.

Sent from my SM-T818V using Tapatalk

2. Shawnp20

Shawnp20 New Member

I've never built a track but I'm assuming the sand would constantly just wash away and lose form. Imo I think a clean full of clay and soil would be good because it would hold form and upkeep would be effortless. That's just based on opinion though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweet rc likes this.
  3. sweet rc

sweet rc Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I'm not sure what you could mix with sand.... You could just get a few loads of dirt and just put that on top of the sand

4. RustyWrench

RustyWrench ...I Always Edit...
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    You would most likely need to get rid of the sand. You could do a sand/clay mixture but the problem is if it's an outdoor track clay tends to dry up and crack up unless you add calcium to the mix. But this only helps to hold it together. If you get to much sand in your clay it won't pack right and when it rains on it the sand will separate from the clay. I would lean towards selling off the sand and using the native dirt...

Check this out it may help you with design. http://www.rcsparks.com/forum/threads/short-course-track-builders-guide.35695/

Dean