1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Fast Track Trouble Shooting

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by Magnat007, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Magnat007

Magnat007 Proud SCX10 Owner
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I have noticed a few posts lately asking for trouble shooting.
    The more information you can provide to us, the quicker we can diagnose whats happening and how to get back RCing again.

I know its hard but the quickest and best way for us to help you solve the issue, is to see and hear the issue...
    Shoot a 15-30 second vid with Audio. This allows us to hear whats going on and to see whats making all the fuss.

If you are unable to shoot a Vid... then a Picture speaks 1000 words...
    Using a Digital Still camera with Macro mode (Looks like a little tulip setting on most camera's) allows the Lense of the camera to focus objects close to the lense..
    Handy for when taking close up pictures of parts that are giving you issues...

If text is all you have... then provide us with the best possible description you can.... Not just one sentence of " Its Broken Help me"

Go into details.. Explain to us EXACTLY what you are seeing and hearing.

Bad Example
    Its not running... makes a noise.

Good Example
    My Losi Trail trekker was running fine until I came across my first rock.
    Then the front wheels stopped turning and it made a sound like someone feeding a brick into a paper shredder..
    The motor still runs and the rear wheels still turn, the steering still works but the front wheels themselves are not turning..

From something as descriptive as this we can tell there is something not right with the front diff..

This applies to all RC's..

The more info we have... the quicker we can get you back RC'ing again!!!

danny01, Greenie and Dribble like this.
  2. Mag

Mag New Member

A brick in a paper shredder good example:haveaniceday:

CamaroChris likes this.
  3. taylor.davis

taylor.davis New Member

Driving issues on Axial Wraith RTR

Hey guys,

I brand new to the RC world and I have gotten myself into an issue. I finished up waterproofing my truck and put on MIP metal drive line. I put everything back together the way I thought I took it apart and now: I plug in battery and its normal, I turn on controller and the wheels immediately turn to the right and I have the steering trimmed turned all the way over and they still don't get to the straight position, also when I accelerate forward my from axle is spinning backwards while my rear axle is spinning forward. The drive like is spinning the right way. So, did I put the front or back axle on wrong or could it be that I plugged the steering servo in the wrong position or backwards?

4. rcnut'14

rcnut'14 certified rc addict
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    did u try reversing the plugs?

5. rcnut'14

rcnut'14 certified rc addict
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    for the servo, I would make sure that the horn is on right

6. taylor.davis

taylor.davis New Member

I put the gears on the front axle on backwards and I had to take the horn off, straighten the wheels and then put the horn back on. Everything works perfect now. Thanks go the help

7. BenFink

BenFink Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    My Ecx Torment motor started smoking. the wheels were not turning the only noise there was was the esc beeps. getting a brush less motor and a new esc is this my only problem. How can i avoid it next time. I have only had a brush less lipo ecx boost. just got the torment.

8. Filip

Filip Member

Media:
    Hi!
    I'm getting really frustrated with my synchro kt-201 and kr-200. I took it from a nitro car and I'm gonna use in an electric one instead. I've been looking thru the manual a hundred times and have no idea what to do.

what happens is that both the reciever and the esc is rapidly blinking red. I've tried to bind it over and over but nothing happens. It doesn't respond to either throttle or steering. Or it actually responds to the throttle randomly and the steering servo has it's own life.

what is happening?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. lout

lout Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Do you still have the battery box from the nitro?

If so, connect t to the receiver and remove the ESC. Connect a servo up to the receiver and see if it functions fine. Then try the servo in the throttle position and try again. If the servo acts normally in all positions then it might be your ESC causing the issue.

Alternatively, the servo may be at fault. I have seen a faulty servo cause issues with the ESC.

10. Filip

Filip Member

Media:
    Thanks for the quick response! I will try this and get back to you!

11. Filip

Filip Member

Media:
    it didn't work. still the same problem
    Also tried different recievers.

EDIT:
    I changed the mode on both reciever and transmitter from F to G and it actually works!
    What does that mean?

12. lout

lout Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I have no idea. And that's after going through the manual. All I can think of is that it's something to do with the fail-safe setting.

But glad to hear you got it sorted

Filip likes this.