1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HPI, RS4 3 Evo: MOISTURE ISSUE

Discussion in 'Race - Engines, Tuning & Exhaust' started by Rdecker20, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Rdecker20

Rdecker20 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Hello, I just got an HPI RS4 3 EVO. "used, but well taken care of." The issue I am noticing is, there seems to be an accumilation of moisture,(which I believe is fuel) on the engine (below cooling head) and near fuel reservoir after running it for a bit.. I can turn the car upside down and no fuel leaks from the reservoir. (if anything, maybe a drop or two, and this was after holding it for a good 30 sec)

The car runs/guns/idles perfectly. Just wondering if maybe the moisture is coming from the reservoir, fuel lines, exhaust (between header and pipe) or from a crack in the engine. I inspected the engine and cleaned it thoroughly and have not seen anything suspicious.

Please let me know what you think

Any help/advice is apreciated

rdecker20

2. Crankbait

Crankbait Think...
    ELiTE MEMBER

My first guess would be fuel lines, which is a simple fix.
    Check the exhaust flange, and make sure the zip ties are tight and the rubber coupling isn't split or cracked.

3. Rdecker20

ELiTE MEMBER

Thanks for the tip..

I didnt have the fuel lines zip tied, I just went a head and did that.

I forgot to mention, my exhause doesnt have the silicone coupler between header and pipe, it is held together by a tiny spring tension assembly (if that makes sense). We'll see if the zip ties did it. also, I have been looking at some rc spray cleaner.. have you used any? as of right now i just used compressed air and a Fine tip high pressure nosle.

4. Rdecker20

ELiTE MEMBER

after zip tying everything, I ran the car for about 10 mins, a few high speed passes and normal figure 8's. The moisture/ fuel was still all over the place. after some cleaning and high pressure air. I figured out the header wasnt on correctly, well the gasket wasnt on correctly. Since this was used, the previous owner must not have done this correctly. I took the header/exhaust off, cleaned off the header, replaced the gasket. and bingo no more fuel all over the place