1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dont answer RC Tech questions in PM's

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RCSparks, Jan 18, 2012.

1. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator
    Staff Member ADMiNiSTRAToR SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    Hello my friends..

I need to write this for the community as it has occurred to me that I dont have thread like this.

Between my Youtube Channels, my Facebook Pages, Emails & such.. I get more than 7500+ contact requests each months. Thats about 100000 technical questions a year. I do my best to answer them, but I dont have time to address each one. And instead of RC Addicts / folks becoming upset, thinking I ignore them - this explanation maybe the best way to go about answering the requests I get. It's nothing personal!

I do not answer RC Technical Questions in my "Visitors Messages" area - or through PM's requesting help. Sorry, theres only so much I can offer - but one of the major resources I provide is this forum. Technical requests in the above form (PM / Visitor messages) are discarded.

If you have a RC Technical Question - please post it in the forums, giving others a chance to speak with you as well. This will get you an answer faster than sending me a note, as I am usually busy assisting in making RC Adventures, Designing the site, Answering fan mail, or out filming. Not to mention the building of EPiC RC's!

Thank you for your understanding!

:yo !:

Ragnar and darkside0914 like this.
  2. MoneeZZ

MoneeZZ Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Gotcha Medic...
    :haveaniceday:

#2 MoneeZZ, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  3. Greenie

Greenie VillAge iDioT
    ELiTE MEMBER

sounds fair to me boss!!!
    only so far you can stretch yourself man!!!

4. CM_113

CM_113 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Bro is not the reason behind you building this forum, for questions to be answer in the open with out ridicule?

5. RCSparks

RCSparks Administrator
    Staff Member ADMiNiSTRAToR SUPER MODERATOR

Media:
    Chris, respectfully, I think you need to read my post again. It says my Personal PMs, or Visitors message area of my profile. It has nothing to do with people posting openly in the forum. Opening my email to 25 pms everyday of technical questions is not why i built the forum. The common forum is for tech questions.. not my email inbox.

Cheers :)

6. rclove

rclove New Member

but I have a question....hows the weather out there? lol
    Roger, 10-4, Over and out.

7. imjimbo

imjimbo Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

So if your not going to answer technical questions personally ........ will you answer personal questions technically?

im just kidding bud i couldnt resist keep up the good work ...

8. CM_113

CM_113 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

but Bro thats is what i ment , for members to ask their tech questions Openly in the FORUM . not to ask the key members in pms , you and the amins have your hands full running the place , questions are ment to be posted not pmd

9. Leo_rcc

Leo_rcc New Member

Ridiculous. When I PM you which bodyclips are the best for my kit I expect a reply back in less than a minute. I can't be bothered reading the manual, that is what you are there for.

;)

:haveaniceday:

10. Whiteshadow

Whiteshadow Member

So your are saying if I ask you a question in the a.m. Then you will message me back?

just kidding. I don't know how you do all you do.

11. Polaris425

Polaris425 Moderator
    MODERATOR ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    You're right in posting this %100. I've had to do the same thing with ATV forums in the past. And boy do people get pissed when you don't reply. My response (it was even in my signature for ever) was "we have a thread for that" and %99.999999 of the time, we did. With pictures. And video. And detailed instructions. lol.

I sold above mentioned forum several years ago, and only visit it occasionally now. But I guess since it still says admin under my name, people think I know everything and I still get FB messages and PM's and emails asking me how to fix their ATV.

All that being said, I'm a little upset you haven't responded to my Youtube question asking you about a new motor for my Wraith....... ;) :Grin:

lol. Kidding of course. Love the videos, love the forum. Keep up the good work.