1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just bought and received some axial metal case gears, any good?

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by Spence123, May 2, 2016.

1. ThatCraig

ThatCraig Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Cool, an it's all good no worries. That 13 year old gave me advice an a lot of it. Then said his age an blew my mind. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cameron Haga likes this.
  2. Cameron Haga

Cameron Haga Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    That's cool . I'm fairly new and there are lots of younger guys on here that give great advice . 13 but been working on their trucks for three years or even 2 years and they know a lot more than me . I'll tell you what though . This site is a fount of info . I have learned so much in the time I've been a member . A lot more than I would have on my own by a mile .

3. ThatCraig

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I highly agree. Very highly agree. I've made two good friends an got a couple go too guys for my nitro an electric. Yinger & Y2daT

DivineChaos likes this.
  4. drzoo2

drzoo2 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    [​IMG]

Those fast-on spade terminals are rated to maybe, maybe 20amps, if they were high quality heavy gauge. What your forgetting about is the contact material. A good connector will be gold plated, reducing the contact resistance between the mating surfaces. Further, fast-ons are notorious for loosing "bite" as the female usually wears and loosens over time. Next is the wire crimp. If your not using the right tool, simply mashing the connector onto the wire reduces the surface area (contact surface) on the sides.

Contact resistance = voltage drop. Voltage drop at the connection is heating and, voltage not making it across your motor.

#44 drzoo2, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
  5. DivineChaos

DivineChaos Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Thanks for helping me out. Lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

6. Spence123

Spence123 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I will be posting up soon the slow slow build that is starved for money if you guys are somewhat interested. I can always add... I have a question tho, I had an eye on this body: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Line-19...028488?hash=item4861987c08:g:a~YAAOxyThVTYvPm
    or this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Line-Ch...901686?hash=item2c7aecd236:g:TgUAAOxyyq5TM3nm

I am curious if they will fit. I mean a 1/10 stadium truck fit ok on my truck even. I know for sure I would have to super cut those fenders, as I am going for the jacked truck look with the tall body posts and the tsl xl 2.2" tires. I have painted my own rc bodies, I painted 1 once and it looked beautiful, and then I bashed hard and the lexan cracked and the pavement rash was horrible it ate up the body. It was a bulldog body for the rustler and it looked beautiful:( I used all the proper lexan paint... I hope I can squeeze another body out of the red tamiya paint that comes in those tiny little cans. Well brushless is soon to come, I ordered the motor and the metal gears, I have the gears... Next is tires, esc, programming card, and when I get more money, a much nicer body then the old ragged deadbolt ax10 body I mean lol like I already have tons of rc's that work

#46 Spence123, May 8, 2016
  7. drzoo2

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I don't think they would fit. I have pede sitting right here and checking the body against my SCX, the wheelbase is much shorter. And, my SCX is already a very short wheelbase.

Sent from my XT1575

8. ThatCraig

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    So scx10 you order scx10 bodies besides the honchos? Or order an make fit?

9. drzoo2

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    You can make most bodies fit but helps if they list the wheelbase. You may have to make changes to the links, driveshafts...so anything close is possible. The pede body has a very short wheelbase compared to the scx

Sent from my XT1575

10. DivineChaos

ELiTE MEMBER

Lexan bodies break easily.

11. Spence123

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I have the ax10 deadbolt, which I think is different than the scx10 line of rigs in terms of wheel base, I just made some custom steel tube links, idk... A rustler vxl body has the same exact wheelbase accommodations as the stock body. I saw a tamiya clod buster body: http://rctruckstop.com/2014/11/22/pro-line-interco-tsl-sx-super-swamper-xl-2-2-g8-tires-review/
    looks real cool, but it is painted on the outside so the paint would flake off, maybe I would just leave it as a white chevy, or maybe ooh! Wrap it? like a vinyl wrap or window tint? I really like the look of the clod buster tamiya body as its like an old chevy
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-x60-Glos...ash=item3aad440266:g:QWQAAOSwAuNW6dvs&vxp=mtr

I mean the rustler vxl was road rashed, cause I was going 35 ish mph and doing wheelies and sometimes landing on its lid and watching it skid down the paved driveway... I am still not a fan of lexan, but this truck was going to be treated a little nicer. Build is still going excruciatingly slow, it is painful. I made some custom links out of steel tubing, rod ends and 8-32 threaded rods and aquarium tubing. They look sweet plus they feel pretty strong

if you guys aren't open to my ideas and madness I can understand, I am just chatting

#51 Spence123, May 8, 2016
  12. drzoo2

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I have a hard body. No flaking. Obviously it shows scratches but a good paint job with proper prep won't flake.

Sent from my XT1575

13. Spence123

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I think the clod body with the glossy red vinyl wrap :D perfection. I mean I may 3d print my own chevy grill style and stick it on the clod body, the grill. The links I made are stock wheelbase length. Following the guidelines for dribble gaming's video on how to make your own 4 links. Looking from that site, the clod body will fit right on the ax10:) which is good news, it also appears that the links are stock so wheelbase isn't an issue. So the clod is 1/10 or the body is anyways?

14. ThatCraig

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Mine hasn't flaked but I've busted it. An I wouldn't expect it not too. I'm just thinking about getting some other bodies. Maybe a newer shortbed Chevy.

15. Spence123

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    I destroyed the whole front grill on my ax10 deadbolt I 3dprinted a custom one, its got dents in it like real sheet metal :D I am confused tho how the guy at rc truck stop got all the window glass and stuff in the clod body? http://rctruckstop.com/2014/11/22/pro-line-interco-tsl-sx-super-swamper-xl-2-2-g8-tires-review/
    I saw the tires and was reading up on them and then I saw that body, then I got super interested because I know it will fit as shown in the photo. I wanna do up that body similar to his, except in a wrap, maybe orange gloss vinyl wrap, black, red, white? The wrap would be more of a protective measure too. Except the seams would look a little ugly if I didn't pull it off right, but the paint would just flake off so bad, that is the problem, and the scratches would look awful too... But what would you guys suggest with the paint? I mean I am pretty sure the clod body will fit... Should I just get tamiya abs paint instead of risking it with the wrap? I mean the wrap is like $5. I am also confused as to where to get the front grill and the other stuff that appears to be missing with the shell that you receive

16. DivineChaos

ELiTE MEMBER

They go in from the inside. I believe they make an interior also.

17. Spence123

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Ergg the clod buster body set with everything excluding the paint is $120 wow... I can't believe some molded ABS parts go for that much:D well, in that case, if its something I am going to drive around just for fun, and scratch up most likely, I may just buy the ax10 ridgecrest body, as it looks slightly more appealing than the deadbolt body. I mean any other cool suggestions for bodies? I am just torn idk... Maybe I should get the clod body and make a custom 3d printed grill, and what not... But the windshield and other stuff, this is tough to decide... I just really want that chevy look to go along with the massive super swampers that are going to be added

#57 Spence123, May 8, 2016
  18. ThatCraig

ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Can someone help me find a spur gear plastic for my rc10gt? Idk the tooth count an can't find anything info

19. DivineChaos

ELiTE MEMBER

Count the teeth.

20. ThatCraig

ELiTE MEMBER

Media: