1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icon 61-90mm Aluminum Shock Set - 7mm piston

Discussion in 'Newbie Q & A' started by Unbestimmt, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Unbestimmt

Unbestimmt New Member

So, I recently bought the Axial SCX10 Jeep Rubicon Kit and have been slowly assembling it. Now, it comes with the Icon 61-90mm Aluminum Shock Set - 7mm piston and just curious whether or not its actually worth it to make it the piggy back system or just set 'em normal. I'll be upgrading them down the road, its just to get me by for now.

On another note, has anybody heard when the Vaterra Twin-Hammer is due for its re-release? I think the LHS has been B.S.-ing me, because every time I ask them about it, their story seems to change.

Thanks.

2. selightfritz

selightfritz Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

My advice is to run her stock, break the parts that need to be replaced to match your driving style, then start looking at what you can change to enhance your style. you may find that there are very few parts needing to be upgraded... there are a lot of us running mostly stock, I have only upgraded 4 links, steering links, drive shafts, tires, and took the spacers (bump stops) out of the shocks. and changed to a Flysky GT3C radio.