1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MONSTER TRUCKS In need of some help

Discussion in 'Bashing Chat' started by Wraps, Aug 2, 2014.

?

The Answer is.....

Poll closed Sep 1, 2014.
  1. It happens with too much torque

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Your F*cked

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ball Bearings mod

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. RC Sparks holds the answer.....

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Wraps

Wraps New Member

My old school Stampede cir. 2000-01, the original not this slash hybrid set up. I was showing off for some kids in at a bday party and i managed to shoot of a screw (have yet to find it) that attached the upper control arm to the wheel. The Screw that has a smooth cylinder and then the screw tip on the end (I see the same screw holding the shocks to the frame, the cylinder allows the shock to move freely just like the upper control arm). I was trying to do donuts at the time, was working nice at the time till I saw my rear tire at a 45 degree angle lol.:tttt:

BTW it is a brushless motor, no change in gearing other than the modified spur gear that it came with.

This is not the first time this has happened, my lil girl drove it into a curb and jamed the front control arm up. Do i need to update the screws to some kind of screw Bering hybrid????:wut:

Help me RCSparks help me you are my only hope.....:)

2. Wraps

Wraps New Member

No one????? Help?

3. Goblintinker

Goblintinker Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

dude post a pic or two so we know exactly what your talking about then we can help you out easier

4. Wraps

Wraps New Member

[​IMG]
    Picture i found online the screw attaching the gray upper control arm to the knucle.
    These are the screws that popped out. without breaking
    [​IMG]

5. Hpi-guy

Hpi-guy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    Are you using blue loctite or loctite at all? If you are not, use blue loctite on all 4 corners. If you are using blue, use purple on all 4 corners. But NEVER use red loctite.
    Also, if it is the same exact spot every time, check if the threads are stripped. If they are, replace the castor block.
    Hope this helps!
    Also, please correct me if I am wrong with any of my info. I am not Medic; I do indeed make mistakes.
    :)

6. Monkeypiarat

Monkeypiarat Worlds formost authority on my own opinion
    ELiTE MEMBER

glad to see that you found a set of screws.
    I don't own a stampede but I do have a traxxas bandit and I have noticed that it too has screws constantly backing out
    and I am having to check and all the screws every few days to the point that I am going to locktite every single thing that I can after I get a few more upgrades.
    I am starting to think that it is a traxxas thing but so far I am so happy with the bandit that I am not minding the daily maintenance check for loose screws
    but yes I have noticed that all the screws on the suspension and any thing that has any thing that moves seem to back out.

7. Wraps

Wraps New Member

I will try that thanks

8. Hpi-guy

Hpi-guy Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Media:
    No problem! Let us know if it helps.

9. Goblintinker

Goblintinker Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

you can also use a plastic spacer and run a normal button head screw through the oppisite way and put a nut on it then it will not come loose again ps locktight doesn't really work on plastic

10. wwit

wwit New Member

Yup, that should work. To me it sounds like the plastic most likely has stripped so shoulder bolt has little to bite. Not a cure, but sometimes just add a couple wraps around the threads with Teflon tape will get you by. But if it is stripped, best fix would be a new caster block.