1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

indoor heli

Discussion in 'Pilots Lounge' started by greengiant, Apr 9, 2017.

1. greengiant

greengiant Member

Media:
    I'm in the market for a decent indoor helicopter that is in or under the $30 range. I really would like 2.4 GHz if possible. Any suggestions

2. Reyhn

Reyhn New Member

I have a Kyosho Mosquito from their EGG-range of RC-vehicles. I bought it in Japan for around $30, and if you search carefully on eBay, you can find it there as well. However, there are others that cost three times as much - I don't know what the difference is, though.

This model has 3 channels. The more channels you can afford, the better it is! I used to have a 2-channel Picopter from Silverlit, but with only two channels it was next to impossible to control. Three channels is the minimum if you want to be able to have some fun with it - at least if you want to have a reasonable chance to maneuver it. :)

Please note that these are infrared, though. I don't think you'll find any 2.4GHz for this little money. However, infrared works fine indoors (not outdoors - the signal doesn't have anything to get reflected back on).

3. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
  4. Reyhn

Reyhn New Member

Wow, that really was a great price.
    Not a helicopter, though...

Since we're talking drones (or quad copters), may I suggest a Syma X13? It's real fun to fly and the quality is great.

Quad copters are much easier to control in the air - they keep the same position unless you do something. That makes them better to learn with than helicopters, if it is your first flying vehicle.

5. 00whynot

00whynot Moderator
    Staff Member MODERATOR

Media:
    You will never find a helicopter for $30 worth owning. So i showed him what is. Lol