1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the crawling scene dieing?

Discussion in 'Rock Crawler Chat' started by Madmardigan, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Madmardigan

Madmardigan Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

I cant help but notice that there is very few people on the fourm that are into crawling. Everybody is into scaling it seems. I was looking on the fourm for MOA builds to get some ideas, but there isnt alot. No shortage of scaler builds though. They are cool though, I love my scalers! But still.
    Is this a regonal thing? I just finished building my XR10 ,and now I'm hoping to make it to some comps this year. Whats the crawling scene like in your areas?

#1 Madmardigan, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  2. Crawler Ted

Crawler Ted Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Full on comp scene here dude .

Calgary Crawlers - Ted's Garage
    You have to get down to the Garage and check it out .

Big news coming soon .

3. Crawler Ted

ELiTE MEMBER

Just thought of this too ,,

Check out rccrawler.com
    Xr-10 section or berg section ,all the moa info you could ever need .

4. Madmardigan

Madmardigan Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

When do you guys run?

5. Crawler Ted

ELiTE MEMBER

Every friday night .

Once a month we have points series comps on sunday mornings .
    Indoors in the winter and outdoors for the summer series .
    2.2 class ,1.9 class and a few supers even .

6. NorthwestRC

NorthwestRC Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

up here in snowy Anchorage, Alaska Procomp scaling is big, we have a hiking area called McHugh Creek about 5 miels out of the south side of the city, that has perfect scale rocks and terrain for scaling AND crawling, i've been invited to the local scaler clubs saturday outings and ive been wanting to get an AX10 for that

7. Chunder

Chunder Fixer
    ELiTE MEMBER

In addition to Ted's Garage running friday nights and the monthly sunday comps, Rude Boys garage runs sunday nights, so plenty of local action here.

8. scx10creeper84

scx10creeper84 Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

The crawling scene here where i live, there is nothing . No scalers or rockcrawlers, its just not here which i find odd being that its like a mecca of trails and rocks around here. Everybody is into 1:1's and quads, nothing at all wrong with that but for me its a huge bummer.

9. imjimbo

imjimbo Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

i think its growing.. to the point that a hobby shop about an hour from me just built a indoor course in the middle of the shop ... the variety of trucks on the market and there affordability now suggests that its a growing hobby

10. BoyerM

BoyerM Studio Forums Elite
    ELiTE MEMBER

Same here, no scalars or crawlers. Short course is big here tho. If im right J concepts HQ is here, i see alot about J concepts and there is a huge track that has races on the weekends. Im not into SC right now, tho i do plan on getting me a SC truck. I want to start a scale club and get things going here, hopefully it will happen sooner than latter.

Oh and the radio control show did a segment on is Crawling dead, Well every one agreed crawling is dead. I dont know im not into Crawling I find it to be boring. Every on agreed scaling is the biggest thing right now and growing.

#10 BoyerM, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  11. Slayer-767

Slayer-767 New Member

The reason my buddies and I started to switch to the scale crawling is because it takes alot less to be challanging. I have a xr10,wraith, and a scx10, I have twenty sections of land to play on and my xr10 is so easy to drive a guy gets bored fairly fast. The same terrain with my scx10 that is running 2.2 mud slingers is a blast to run on, we just grab a box of adult pops and our scx's and its a redneck holiday. :)

12. CrawlHog

CrawlHog Banned

where i live its totally dead, but scaling is alive and kicking. a couple seasons back there were 30 plus guys at a crawler event , now your lucky if 5 show up.